Driving traffic from communities

Beeri_Amiel
1 0 0

Hey all, 

Have any of you had success with driving traffic from communities to your store? If so, what did you do? (i.e. a community for men's fashion)

Some questions I have:

1. Are you using this as a consistent source of traffic? How effective is it?

2. How did you promote your products within the community? (discount, interesting/helpful content?)

3. Did you incentivize the moderator/community manager for allowing you to promote your content? If so, how?

Replies 3 (3)
CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

@Beeri_Amiel wrote:

Have any of you had success with driving traffic from communities to your store?

Yes, it is some of the best traffic you will ever get.  I didn't use Reddit but used online forums.  However I'm not against Reddit and might even give them a try with a new product I'm working on.

@Beeri_Amiel wrote:

Some questions I have:

1. Are you using this as a consistent source of traffic? How effective is it?

We used it many years ago but it'll work the same, we were averaging around about 1,000 visitors per day.

And a sale or two per day but with zero money spent.

It's 100% FREE!

@Beeri_Amiel wrote:

2. How did you promote your products within the community? (discount, interesting/helpful content?)

We never promoted our products, not even once.

Let's say you have a fundraiser product, go to Google and type in fundraising forums and join forums where people are looking for information about fundraising.

You then become the expert (by giving the absolute best information) on the forum and leave your site in your signature.

If someone likes what you have to say, then they'll go look at your site and you don't have to do anything else.

But we never once linked to, or talked about our site.

@Beeri_Amiel wrote:

3. Did you incentivize the moderator/community manager for allowing you to promote your content? If so, how?

Believe it or not but most of the forums asked and some even begged me to become a moderator.

If you give good unbiased content you'll build a following.  Without using any money, only the following I had built, I started a forum and had over a thousand real members with folks posting day 1.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beeri_Amiel a great way to increase organic traffic to your website is through search engine optimization (SEO). Doing so will increase your store’s discoverability by using relevant keywords that your target customers will likely search for on Google. Check out this resource on how to increase SEO and get started.

Feel free to let me know if you have more questions!

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2511 345 1673

Hi @Beeri_Amiel

We once worked with an Adult Product store (selling condoms, adult toys, etc) - and traffic from their community is the most consistent and has the highest conversion rate - here what we did: 

• Refraining from promoting our products right in the beginning. For the first 03 months, we focused on building and growing our own community by sharing valuable content, this is the stage where we got our target audience to be pain-aware. 
  • Now when our community grows at a sustainable pace, we started to introduce our products, but in the comment sections of those valuable/helpful posts, we get them to be solution-aware. 

It took time and effort, but in the end, it paid off really well to our client. 

Let me know if my answer is of any help, with a thumb up or like 😄 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.