Duplicate Transactions In Google Analytics With Different Transactions IDs - But Is The Same Order!

User_999
Shopify Partner
18 0 1

I'm seeing duplicate transactions being sent to Google Analytics ecommerce revenue tracking - they are being sent at exactly the same time, by what looks like two different processes as they're being sent with a shopify order number (#1110 for example) and then also a longer id (5271999348983 for example)...?

I'm not sure what else I've accidently setup in Shopify which is also sending ecommerce data. I've setup Google Analytics and Use Enhanced Ecommerce tracking in Preferences. And checked the site for only a single Google Analytics Tag with Googles Tag Assistant.

Capture.JPG

Replies 3 (3)

User_999
Shopify Partner
18 0 1

Found the problem - additional javascript for GA4 had been added to the settings > checkout, for whatever reason this was now pushing to all the GA accounts.

XXshopxx
Visitor
1 0 0

How did you deal with the problem? Have you modified this code? I will be grateful for your help because I have the same problem.

User_999
Shopify Partner
18 0 1

Simply check where you might be submitting ecommerce data twice into Google Analytics from Shopify - or whether you've included multiple GA tags (perhaps directly on the theme, and also through the Shopify settings).

We had linked our GA4 analytics to the standard GA account, and had also added extra code into the checkout complete page - which we later removed as this was causing us our problem.