Solved

Why are my Facebook ads for Shopify getting restricted?

JinpengZeng9
Tourist
11 0 2

Hey guys i been opening Facebook accounts but they all got restricted i currently have a business partner and hes from India i linked my credit card info and everything and still i got banned and all these are new accounts i got 300 impressions with $50 ad spend so what should i do and how to i fix this issue?

Accepted Solution (1)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JinpengZeng9,

it looks like Facebook thinks there has been some suspicious activities (a partner in another country, linking credit card details from another country, and else). Creating new and new accounts won't usually help. Try requesting review of the account – https://m.facebook.com/help/contact/2026068680760273

Be prepared that it may take up to couple of days before you get reply. Sometimes you don't even get an answer. So you need to repeat requesting the review. 

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JinpengZeng9,

it looks like Facebook thinks there has been some suspicious activities (a partner in another country, linking credit card details from another country, and else). Creating new and new accounts won't usually help. Try requesting review of the account – https://m.facebook.com/help/contact/2026068680760273

Be prepared that it may take up to couple of days before you get reply. Sometimes you don't even get an answer. So you need to repeat requesting the review. 

For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
takisthouse
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I've got the same problem and I did your suggestion. But it's not working. What should I do?

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @takisthouse,

When did you contact the support? Have you tried it more times? I've put together some more steps to do when your ad account is banned in one of my blog posts. If interested, here's the link: https://www.nikikozak.me/shopify-qa/2021-10-06-ads-account-banned/

NatLj
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Niki, I am facing the same issue. I wonder if your solution worked and if it is applicable in my   situation as well?

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hey @NatLj,

and what situation are you facing? Could tell me more about that? Thanks!

NatLj
Tourist
5 0 0
Hi,

I have been trying to link the Shopify account we have from Grand Deli to our social media since 9th of Jaanuary this year and kept meeting with problems. For some reason, my personal as account is blocked after I tried to link it to Shopify. I am hoping that this issue is resolved soon.
NatLj
Tourist
5 0 0

My company's Shopify account is administered by two employees, I am one of them. When trying to connect the Shopify account to our Social Media (Instagram and Facebook), it flagged my private account as not complying to the rules. As a result, my private account is restricted and I cannot even advertise on my company account.

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hey @NatLj,

did the notice message say what rules you're not complying? What does the notice say? Have you asked the other employee to try it out?

NatLj
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Niki,

I am now trying with my colleague's account but am afraid to connect it to our company Shopify in case this issue occurs again. We will now ensure the settings for the Shopify page is correct, that the business ownership is defined correctly and that our Business Manager account on Facebook has all the correct information before connecting them. 

The message on Facebook states: Your Facebook account has been restricted from advertising for security reasons. (FYI I had not even put any ad in yet, just trying to connect Shopify via FB)