Facebook & Shopify - Manually edit the product description in Facebook

Fanny27
Shopify Partner
15 0 6

Hi all,

I have connected my Shopify store with Facebook.

However, having a lot of description on Shopify, with a nice layout, it looks good. But on Facebook, it's a disaster.

I would like to know how to change the product description on Facebook, without it being overidden by the one on Shopify.

Does anyone has an idea about how can I do that? Maye if it's posible not to include product description in the data sent from Shopify to Facebook? I am open to any kind of solution 🙂

Thanks

Replies 3 (3)
Niki_K
Shopify Partner
339 34 89

Hi @Fanny27,

I have two solutions.

1. You can change the description of your products directly in Facebook. Go to Commerce Manager, choose the product catalogue and click the product, you would like to change the description for. (However, this may take lot of time if you have many products).

2. The second solution is to create a sheet on Google with the compulsory titles, which a product catalogue has to have, and here you can specify different product description for your products. Then, publish the sheet as CSV and use this as the source for your product catalogue (however, it won't be connected with Shopify).

I know these solutions aren't the best ones but still I hope that they might help you!

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
Fanny27
Shopify Partner
15 0 6

Hello @Niki_K

Thank you for your response.

However, I have already tried the first solution. The problem is that the Shopify feed overwrites the changes made directly in the product pages on Facebook.

Do you believe there is an alternative solution ?

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
339 34 89

Hi @Fanny27 ,

oops, I didn’t know that it will change the description on Shopify as well.

Hmmm, I don’t know any other alternative solution. Only the second one I mentioned above 😕

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.