Solved

Facebook Banned Ad Account on my FIRST DAY - Need Help to Appeal

honeypotholiday
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey everyone,

I literally JUST started my Shopify store and started working on creating my first Facebook ad earlier this week. I made an ad on Canva, uploaded it properly to my Ad Account, plugged in my payment information and was immediately banned. My Ad Account was very literally disabled no less than 60 seconds after trying to use my Ad Account for the first time. I appealed and tried to figure out the issue because I know that none of my ads violated any terms or guidelines, but "Customer Support" sent me a message in my support inbox saying

"Our records indicate that your payments account was disabled because it violates Facebook's Terms of Service. To protect our users, we can't confidently re-enable your payments account at this time. Please note, we take many factors into account when disabling payments, including spend history, ad characteristics and contradictory account information." 

Considering that I don't have a spend history, nothing about my ad broke guidelines, and my account information was correct and brand new. I don't understand what happened and they've taken down their live chat feature, so all I can do is submit review requests through their automated chat bot, but it's been almost 3 days of nothing. Does anyone have any advice at all? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @honeypotholiday ,

unfortunately, it often happens that Facebook bans an account immediately after setting up first campaign even if you meet the requirements and your products don't violate the policies. It's very strange (they aren't checking the ads nor the accounts manually so yes, therefore it happens that one of their bots bans the account).

I know there is no live chat which makes it even more difficult to chat/talk to someone. You mentioned you asked for a review – did you use this link? https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/2026068680760273

At least, you can give it a try (for one of my clients it helped in the end). I would wait for a couple of days and if you get no answer then I would create a new Business Manager, Ad account and also use another credit card (sign up via another email) and then connect with your Shopify store. Sometimes this helps, sometimes not. You never know. 

It's sad that contacting Facebook support takes always so long and sometimes they don't even answer to you. 

Give it a try and you will see.

Best luck,

Nikola

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @honeypotholiday ,

unfortunately, it often happens that Facebook bans an account immediately after setting up first campaign even if you meet the requirements and your products don't violate the policies. It's very strange (they aren't checking the ads nor the accounts manually so yes, therefore it happens that one of their bots bans the account).

I know there is no live chat which makes it even more difficult to chat/talk to someone. You mentioned you asked for a review – did you use this link? https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/2026068680760273

At least, you can give it a try (for one of my clients it helped in the end). I would wait for a couple of days and if you get no answer then I would create a new Business Manager, Ad account and also use another credit card (sign up via another email) and then connect with your Shopify store. Sometimes this helps, sometimes not. You never know. 

It's sad that contacting Facebook support takes always so long and sometimes they don't even answer to you. 

Give it a try and you will see.

Best luck,

Nikola

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
honeypotholiday
Visitor
2 0 0

Ugh, such a bummer. Thank you so much for your very quick and helpful answer! I feared I was going to have to restart my Facebook... Hopefully I can bother their Support Team enough to make them get back to me. I'll update here if I was able to get through!

elegantejewelry
Visitor
1 0 0

I literally have the SAME PROBLEM! On my first day. Ive tried everything/every email. No response besides the same one you received - which is not a response to me. lol The message is also automated from what I noticed because it happens as soon as I send in a help inquiry. 

How did you figure it out? And how long did it take?

Ive been trying for 10 plus hours over the past week to no avail.

Margareta

Admedius
Visitor
1 0 0

Do you still need assistance with this?  I know it's a few months later but if so, please feel free to reach out to me via email.

Email me at eric@admedius.com for all things web advertising. Solutions for Facebook, Google, TikTok, and performance marketing.