facebook blocked the link to my store

Solved
JessyWayneWhale
Tourist
8 0 6

Hey all,

facebook blocked the link to my store, which also disabled my whole facebook shop and product feeds. I currently can't advertise on facebook anymore. I get two infos, when I try to post the link: the link is flagged as spam and, if I try to link the store url: https://wayne-whale.myshopify.com/ to my business manager again, it says that it violates community rules.

As I don't sell anything violating community rules, the only thing I can imagine, that facebook or a user reacted to: female hygiene products, like bamboo period pads and menstrual cups, or to the word organic, like in organic cotton.

Do you have any other idea? I requested facebook to review their classification as spam, and also review the store and the link itself. Do you know how long that takes and if I can speed this up in any way?

Thanks very much

Jessyka

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Lara
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 4 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JessyWayneWhale!

Lara here from Shopify.

About your link you're trying to post being marked as SPAM, you can use the “Report a Problem” link on your account to let them know more about what you're seeing.

I navigated through your store and I can't see any apparent violation of Community rules. There is a section mentioning that SPAM would be considered a violation as you can see here, so it makes sense that your post would receive that message. My guess is that once your post is reviewed, everything else should be back to normal, but we can't interfere with that decision. This is something which is out of Shopify's control and in Facebook's hands.

You should hear back from them soon, reviews usually take no longer than 48 hours, and you can always reach out to Facebook's support to ask for updates on your case.

Hope you can get your Facebook page running soon!

Cheers.

Lara | Equipe Shopify @ Shopify
 -
Minha resposta foi útil? Selecione Curtir para me avisar! 
 - Sua pergunta foi respondida? Selecione Aceitar como solução 

View solution in original post

Replies 31 (31)
Lara
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 4 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JessyWayneWhale!

Lara here from Shopify.

About your link you're trying to post being marked as SPAM, you can use the “Report a Problem” link on your account to let them know more about what you're seeing.

I navigated through your store and I can't see any apparent violation of Community rules. There is a section mentioning that SPAM would be considered a violation as you can see here, so it makes sense that your post would receive that message. My guess is that once your post is reviewed, everything else should be back to normal, but we can't interfere with that decision. This is something which is out of Shopify's control and in Facebook's hands.

You should hear back from them soon, reviews usually take no longer than 48 hours, and you can always reach out to Facebook's support to ask for updates on your case.

Cheers.

Lara | Equipe Shopify @ Shopify
 -
Minha resposta foi útil? Selecione Curtir para me avisar! 
 - Sua pergunta foi respondida? Selecione Aceitar como solução 

Maansals
1 0 0

How long did Facebook take to respond to your reports?

I announced my store on my personal timeline, which had amazing response for the store www.shopmanto.com 

Unfortunately, Facebook put my website on block list for going against community standards, neither it does go against it, nor it was spammed. 

I've been messaging them almost everyday, but so far I have not received any response.

How long did it take for your issues to resolve? 

EdieZimm
Tourist
11 0 7

I have been fighting this since April of this year (2019). FB does absolutely nothing. I report the problem via email and get the standard answer, "thanks for reporting the problem, we are working on it"! But nothing changes! I am so frustrated! I don't know why I got blocked in the first place as I sell handcrafted Soaps and Lotions. www.z-bestnaturals.com

Abracax
Excursionist
25 0 35

Is the %20 (space) in your link?

EdieZimm
Tourist
11 0 7

Are you asking me that question? If so, there is no %20 in my link or perhaps I don't understand the question or it was not directed to me. My website is 

www.z-bestnaturals.com and my shopify link is: https://z-best-naturals.myshopify.com/ . I have disconnected my store 50 times and reconnected it. It will not publish any of my products from Shopify to Facebook. When I am in Facebook and click on Shop, where you are supposed to see my products you only see a link that says to go back to your Shopify Store to Manage Your Collections. When you click on that link you get the message that the link violates their community standards. Vicious Circle for months now. 

Abracax
Excursionist
25 0 35

No, I hit reply to Maansals' message. There is an extra %20 at the end of the link they posted.

ShyamJ
2 0 0

i tried postin your link www.z-bestnaturals.com on my facebook profile and it works fine. now

EdieZimm
Tourist
11 0 7

Thank you for the reply but I think everyone is missing the issue I am having. The problem is with having my products Publish from Shopify to the FB store. I have another store and the link is so easy it's ridiculous which makes this problem all the more irritating. There is literally no one that can solve this problem aside from the Facebook Fairies and they are much too busy or they wouldn't have their auto-reply answering me for months now. 

ISSUE:

The FB app in Shopify tells me that I have 23 products that will not publish to FB. By the way, that is my total product line. 

The message states to 'contact Facebook for more information'!

I have emailed Facebook from several areas. I have read pages and pages of community standards. I have reached out to Forums such as this, etc.

When I am on my Business FB page and I click on the 'Shop' button on the left side bar I receive a message that I have No Products Published To FB and to 'click here' to go to my Shopify store. When I click on that link is when I receive the wonderful message "this link goes against our community standards". So I can't help but think that somehow, my domain has been tagged as being inappropriate. 

So Frustrating!

ShyamJoseph
1 0 0

Hello Eddie

This Shyam again.

You know what right now I am experiencing the same issue -

"When I click on that link is when I receive the wonderful message "this link goes against our community standards". So I can't help but think that somehow, my domain has been tagged as being inappropriate." Ditto

I dont know what to do. Been trying all possible methods. Im even thinking going to facebook office here in Dublin

can you please give me your email for a quick conversation.

mine is shyamjoseph@outlook.com

or worldspacestore@gmail.com

EdieZimm
Tourist
11 0 7
Hi there, you can email me at edie.zimmerman@gmail.com. It just turns midnight here and I’m exhausted so I will have to chat with you tomorrow. I can tell you that I did try to create a new URL as a sub domain in my shopify store and hook that one to my Facebook and it did not work either. I would have to abandon my domain completely and that idea just pisses me off. Lol.
zinzeudo
Tourist
3 0 0

I've been having the exact same issue as Edie and others have described. I've been at it for months. I have no idea what to do and I am just about ready to write off FB completely. They clearly don't want my business. No one responds. I was hoping some higher up person in Shopify would be able to communicate this issue to FB as I'm sure there are many others in the same scenario.

QueenTings
3 0 0

this is stressing me out..were you able to get any resolutions?

zinzeudo
Tourist
3 0 0

I never got a response from FB or Shopify and it hasn't been resolved for me.

EdieZimm
Tourist
11 0 7
Unfortunately I had to create a new domain.
Haylalayla
Excursionist
24 0 3

@Lara wrote:

Hi @JessyWayneWhale!

Lara here from Shopify.

Cheers.

facebook.jpgfacebook 1.jpg

Haylalayla
Excursionist
24 0 3

It took more than 12 days and till now no reply

NiclasQuentin
2 0 0

I have exactly the same issue with my website URL: https://passthepuck.de/. Now I'm wondering if I can just change the URL or does facebook notice and just block it as well?

Haylalayla
Excursionist
24 0 3
I think and not sure that you can the change the name of the domain after 2 months from the date of buying.But I am not sure if that helps.For me I will buy a new domain
EdieZimm
Tourist
11 0 7
Once they mark your URL as non compliant you’re screwed. You must buy
another domain and you can’t have the new one point to the old one.