Facebook Error When Trying to Publish Advert

oldandnew
4 0 0

Hi

Does anyone know the solution to "a problem with facebook prevented your activity from being published" my store is connected with facebook, my email is verified in fb business settings, the app is up to date but it just wont allow me to publish ads from shopify.  Very frustrated. Any help greatly appreciated! 

Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 23.14.41.png

Replies 4 (4)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @oldandnew,

I have seen this error occur for a few merchants, the solution below should resolve the issue:

• Go to your Facebook business manager account. Under business settings, go to business info. Provide your email address and click on " Send Verification Email"
  • Go to your inbox and verify it. If not found in your primary inbox, try checking under the social tab or spam. Once verified, edit your Facebook campaign on Shopify and re-submit it.
  • If this doesn't work, try to add a new debit payment method, you can read more about this here: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apps/a-problem-with-facebook-prevented-your-activity-from-be...

Let me know how you get on!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

oldandnew
4 0 0

Hi Moira thank you for this. It was the card not connecting to the ad account. I reentered the card detail and then went to ads manager in facebook.  I could see the campaign I had tried to publish duplicated multiple times because I had been hitting refresh in shopify. In ads manager just toggled one on and it worked. Thanks again!

oldandnew
4 0 0

But still fails in shopify not sure why it is failing as it works in ads manager

oldandnew
4 0 0

Actually its not working in ads manager it has sent the campaign name and no other info. Email is verified card details are set up still not working