Facebook - Verify your business

EmmanNite
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi everyone,

My business and account and ad account got restricted and I'm trying to figure how to verify my Facebook business. 

I've only just started using Facebook Ads for my Shopify store. The first time I tried to run ads, they ran, but then got banned a few days later saying that I needed to very my account and submit a photo ID. I did that, it got approved then went back to making ads. I ran the same ads again for like two days, reached people, paid for the ads, then it got restricted again saying I need to verify my business. I have already verified my domain aswell. I get to a point in the business verification process where it asks me to submit a document with my Legal Business name, but obviously that's a problem because I'm just a new Shopify with nothing of the sort. 

I tried contacting Facebook and they were telling me there is no way to verify outside of Facebook. The person I was speaking to was of no help and said there was no way to verify outside of Facebook. She assumed that I was trying to verify through email for some reason when I'm not. 

She said I have to upload one of these, the list of documents that she gave me were:

• Utility bill like a phone or electricity bill
  • Bank statement
  • Business licenses and permits from any level of government
  • Certificate of formation or incorporation
  • Business Tax or VAT registration certificate
  • EIN confirmation letter from the IRS (U.S. only)
  • Federal tax returns to the IRS by company (U.S. only)
  • Business bank account statements
  • Business credit report from one of the reporting agencies

Has anyone else experienced this and found a work around? Surely this is common for people and I'm not the first one to experience this, but I don't understand what document I would even upload.

Thanks

Replies 8 (8)

Neo_5678
Explorer
65 3 30

@EmmanNite wrote:

The first time I tried to run ads, they ran, but then got banned a few days later saying that I needed to very my account and submit a photo ID. I did that, it got approved then went back to making ads. I ran the same ads again for like two days, reached people, paid for the ads, then it got restricted again saying I need to verify my business. 

What kind of ads do you run? Seems like users are reporting it or maybe it's violating their T&Cs so they keep restricting the ad account.

GET FREE PAYSTUB INSTANTLY > 1st default stub free worth $4.99
EmmanNite
Excursionist
12 0 3

It’s literally just a picture ad. A picture of the product, nothing offensive or obstructive in anyway at all. A picture of a light

AskDataEntry
Visitor
3 0 0

I have similar experience with one of my client, here is what he did to resolve verification issue. As per FB terms you must have to be a registered business if you are promoting any business / domain. So get a trade licence or any any govt registration for your venture. Which country are you form?

Your Outsourcing Partner For Shopify Product Entry > $3/hr
EmmanNite
Excursionist
12 0 3
I’m from the UK.
AskDataEntry
Visitor
3 0 0

Fine, it will be best option for you to register a business. 

How to Register a UK Company

1. Register a Company Name (UK) Before you register a company in the UK, you need to check that your company's name is available. ...
  2. Select a Company Formation Package. ...
  3. Enter Your Company Information. ...
  4. Allocate Company Shares. ...
  5. Complete the Memorandum and Articles of Association. ...
  6. Submit Everything to Companies House.
How much does it cost to register a business UK?

It costs £12 and can be paid by debit or credit card or Paypal account. Your company is usually registered within 24 hours. If you do not want to use 'limited' in your company name you must register by post.

Note: There might be several hack to do in a unethical way but if you want to make real business this is the only way you have to follow friend. Wish you best of luck.

EmmanNite
Excursionist
12 0 3

On the Gov website it says you're only supposed to register if you have earned more than £1000. This is the problem. I am a brand new shopify store with one sale at the moment, registering my business now doesn't make sense nor is it possible.

I sent my paypal statement to verify my business in hopes that will work because i really don't know what else to do.

Thanks

AskDataEntry
Visitor
3 0 0

That could work also. Please give FB team that terms of reg. of business. Let us know if that works for you or not.

EmmanNite
Excursionist
12 0 3

It got rejected. 

I really don't understand how i'm supposed to verify a small shopify business, with 1 sale, using the document stated.