FACEBOOK

Solved
souk78
4 0 0

Hello 

I  have just noticed that I can do ads on Facebook in my  personal account.  I Want to know if there is no need  to have commercial account or business manager ? 

Do I need to integrate my catalog Shopify on Facebook ?

If yes there an application to do it ? Please thank so much 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1109 106 324

This is an accepted solution.

No problem!

In order to create Facebook ads through Shopify's Facebook channel, you will need to make sure that you meet the requirements outlined above, which include having a Business Manager account. When you publish the ads, customers will see them as coming from your business' Facebook Page. 

Have you tried setting up the Facebook channel yet? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1109 106 324

Hi, @souk78!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

In order to create Facebook ads through Shopify, you will need to create a Facebook Page through Facebook Business Manager. Your personal Facebook profile will be used to create these accounts. However, your personal profile is only used to connect to Facebook Business Manager; no ads will be linked to your personal profile.

You can create and manage Facebook ad campaigns directly through Shopify, using the Facebook channel. With the Facebook channel, you can also connect your product catalog with Facebook and Instagram so that customers can browse your products on both platforms.

There are some requirements for using the Facebook channel and you can find them listed here. There, you'll also notice that: 

• Your Facebook account needs to have an admin role on the Page.
  • The Facebook page needs to be published.
  • You can be an admin on multiple Facebook pages, and access them all using a single Facebook Business Manager. However, every Facebook business page can only be owned by a single Facebook Business Manager. You need to be the admin of both the Facebook Business Manager that owns a specific Facebook page and the Facebook page itself to connect it with the Facebook channel in Shopify.

You can create a Facebook Page through Facebook Business Manager here. Once that's done, you can add the Facebook channel in Shopify by selecting the icon next to Sales channels in your Shopify admin. When you install the Facebook channel, you'll be prompted to connect your Facebook account so Shopify has access. This will allow Shopify to sync your products with Facebook and you'll then be able to launch ads. 

Once you've set up the Facebook channel, you can learn more about creating Facebook ad campaigns through Shopify here

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

souk78
4 0 0

Thanks a lot Julie for the answer.

You give me lot good information. 

However, I still have one question if I want to do ads from  account personal do I have created  a business manager ,I thought I only need fan page and account personal and ads manager to ads . 

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1109 106 324

This is an accepted solution.

No problem!

In order to create Facebook ads through Shopify's Facebook channel, you will need to make sure that you meet the requirements outlined above, which include having a Business Manager account. When you publish the ads, customers will see them as coming from your business' Facebook Page. 

Have you tried setting up the Facebook channel yet? 

EllaBrown2021
Excursionist
92 0 9

It seems that you have solved this problem, and advertising on Facebook is a profitable industry.

georgiepeters24
13 0 0

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend these steps:

1. Meet the requirements outlined by Shopify (i.e Have a Business Manager Account)

2. Set up the Facebook Channel on Shopify

3. Publish Ads and ads will be from Facebook Page.

Happy to answer any other questions!

souk78
4 0 0

hello thank you so much for all the answers.

the problem my account has been disabled because i created business manager, ( it s blocked until the verify my ID) 

i don t know what to do ( i don have any other profile of family..) (i don t know where to contact facebook support team since i can "t login in) 

thanks.