Google Ads Conversion Tracking Receving Incorrect conversion value

Maacck
Shopify Partner
22 1 4

I have recently noticed the Shopify's conversion tracking is sending conversion value in customer local currency.

Specifically, our shop currency is HKD and same as our Google Ads setting. However, the Shopify's code is sending user's order value in USD when user is paying by USD. 

Therefore, if a user is paying 200 USD, then what we get from Google Ads is $200 HKD. Which really affect our Google Ads performance. Because I make ROAS incorrect and Google's algorithm is hard to learn from our conversion value. 

Replies 7 (7)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1567

Can you provide us the store access.
Thanks.

Maacck
Shopify Partner
22 1 4

@Zworthkey 

Our store url : madainchina.com

Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 269

All Google Ads tracking scripts publicly currently depend on you defining the currency or altering the conversion value to work with commas and decimals. When your store sells in multiple currencies as you allow users to buy in your non-primary currency, things get messy. Shopify introduced presentment currencies last year which changes how such things are done.

Our agency has a new Google Ads tracking script that handles the currency and formatting for everything without complex tweaks to make it work. I haven't made it public yet but plan on updating our Google Ads tracking guide for Shopify, this week. So check back there soon and you'll have a foolproof solution (for all currencies) outside of a patchy answer that addresses just one currency.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 269

Confirming the guide has been updated with a Google Ads tracking solution that works effortlessly for any currency.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
Maacck
Shopify Partner
22 1 4

@Josh_Uebergang Hi Josh,

Thanks for your update. We will definitely try your tutorial.

radusferlic
4 0 0

Hi! Did you fixed that issue?

radusferlic
4 0 0

I have the same issue and i dont know how to solve it.