Google ads does not show conversions BUT Shopify does

GuilhermeBR
1 0 0

Hi there, we have 3 stores in different countries for the same product. Same website, same Shopify store. On all of them, we connect Shopify to Google Ads via Google App available by Shopify.

Only one of them shows conversions correctly, the others I can only see conversions inside Shopify, Google Ads doesn't show them so I can't optimize keywords since I don't know which ones are converting. 

I've checked Google Tags, did a purchase test, everything looks fine, but still not showing conversions on Google ads, only in Shopify. 

Anybody, please?

Reply 1 (1)
PaolaCastano
Shopify Partner
276 1 26

Hi 

Setting up the conversion tracking pixel can be a little bit confusing. 

If you want to implement the Google Ads tag, you can follow these three steps or use this Google Ads and Shopping free app for Shopify. This way you can get your Conversion Pixel automatically implemented and start tracking conversions from your campaigns since the very first day. It also helps you to automate and optimize your Google ads campaigns. 

Here, the steps:

• Step 1: Create a conversion action. Sign into your Google Ads account and go to the “Conversions” section. Then, check the different conversion options available to track and choose the one that suits better your needs and select a name and a description for the code. Be always as descriptive as possible so that you can properly differentiate it from other codes! Choose the value of conversion. In case that you are selling products with different prices select different values for each conversion. Once you have finished the rest of the steps, you will see the code that has been just created.

• Step 2: Install the global site tag. Once you have created the conversion action, click on “Install tag yourself” and copy the global site tag code that you will find. Open the back office of your store and search for the option to edit the theme you are currently using for your store. Finally, paste the code between the <head> and </head> of the theme. This will make the code work for your entire website.

• Step 3: Install the event snippet. Select Event Snippet and then Page load on Google Ads. Then, copy the snippet code and edit the checkout page or “Thank you page” just as you edited when you first added the global site tag. Finally, paste the Global site tag first, then paste the snippet code.

If you need more help and details, check our conversion tag guide