Google analytics and google tag manager - How to implement?

BeautyBuffetInd
Excursionist
39 2 4

I've added GA code in 'preferences' and google tag manager immediately after body tag.

1. When I run the preview mode in GTM, I can't see the debug window in the footer.

2. When I start recording or enable the GT assistant, it says the below.

No tags found.
Where to optimize

No Google Analytics HTTP responses because opted out code detected

Can someone help me detect the problem here? Or find me an easy step by step tutorial from start to finish.
Another question, do I really need google tag manager?

My website - ecommerce selling beauty products. We have just started out.

Any help will be appreciated! Very confused right now! 

Thank you

Hello,  you can track multiple events tracking with GTM. And can implement analytic code, google ads codes, facebook pixel codes etc with GTM.

Also you can refer this doc by Shopify to install GTM on your store: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics/google-tag-manager

@BeautyBuffetInd wrote:

I've added GA code in 'preferences' and google tag manager immediately after body tag.

1. When I run the preview mode in GTM, I can't see the debug window in the footer.

2. When I start recording or enable the GT assistant, it says the below.

No tags found.
Where to optimize

No Google Analytics HTTP responses because opted out code detected

Can someone help me detect the problem here? Or find me an easy step by step tutorial from start to finish.
Another question, do I really need google tag manager?

My website - ecommerce selling beauty products. We have just started out.

Any help will be appreciated! Very confused right now! 

Thank you

Want to do marketing for your store? Hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: bipinchand@makewebbetter.com
Advertisements - Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads | Digital Marketing | Marketing Strategies | Web Analytics | Custom Theme Development | Site Speed | Web Development
0 Likes
BeautyBuffetInd
Excursionist
39 2 4

Hi

I've followed that but, I don't have shopify plus so don't have checkout.liquid.

0 Likes

You don't need Google Tag Manager. Just use Google Analytics to track your sales and understand what is working in your business. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
porterrudolf737
1 0 0

I read a lot of useful, thanks.

0 Likes
mfs-mindsize
Excursionist
20 0 5

"You don't need Google Tag Manager"

With all due respect, that's not a solution. GTM is an industry-standard. It's what smart brands and marketers use. It doesn't things that GA does not. 

Getting GTM into a Shopify store shouldn't be a test of will. And it certainly shouldn't be plan-based. 

GTM is a tool to help drive success. Successful stores are in Shopify's best interest. Or not? 

IFGM
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hello,

Were you able to fix it?

0 Likes
Propelguru
Trailblazer
306 7 43

Content marketing has gained importance as ever before, as it is an important part of communicating about your products and services and resolving customer issues. 

>Be sure whom you are writing for; the target audience should be specific and must be filtered down.

>Gather keyword- An important aspect of content writing is  keyword research, as it is very crucial for ranking your post on any platform

>Content idea- Do a thorough brainstorming on what your content idea will be. Make sure the content you are writing about should match the buyer’s intent.

>Content performance- Analysing your content helps you get to know where your bugs lie. Constant monitoring of your content will help you tweak your content marketing strategy.

>Lastly, promote your content- Promote your content on every social handle to get more reach and target a wide audience.

If you want any service-related content writing, we are happy to announce that we at Propel Guru provide every service related to content marketing strategy.

0 Likes