SEO, AdWords, affiliates, advertising, and promotions
What Conversion actions would you recommend to “Include in ‘Conversions’” and what to not? I can see these Conversion actions in our Google acc.: Purchase, Add Payment Info, Begin checkout, Add to cart, View Item, Page view.
For starters only purchase, use it for a few months, then test with micro conversions and compare the performance. If you have better performance by including micro-conversions then you should do that, if not, then don't include it.
Thank you, @EmmanuelFlossie!
Could you, also, help me with this:
• How Google uses those conversion actions?
• Why not every conversion is beeing count? Our conversion actions are imported from Shopify. Sometimes I see that conversion is not counted in Google Ads, but according to info from Shopify it should have been counted.
• If I'll change value in conversion action settings for purchase to profit margin, should I also correct the code somewhere on website?
If not every conversion is counted, then maybe not every conversion is from Google Ads. Only if the ad is clicked on will the conversion be triggered, if that conversion action is triggered on a page it has been installed on.
Conversion values, can be set in different areas. If you define it in Google Ads, then you do not need to set it anywhere else.
1) In "View conversion details" in Shopify I see the same UTM PARAMETERS for counted by Google conversions and for not counted, that's why I am confused - please see the screenshot below. What does this UTM PARAMETERS mean - does this conversion come from Google Shopping Ads or from organic Google search?
2) Can I edit settings for conversion actions imported to Google Ads by Google Shopping App by Shopify, without damaging anything?
1) the utm campaign sag_organic refers to Free Shopping listings.
2) Yes you can edit, and yes, it will change the performance
I am about to add two different "Values" in "Conversion action settings" for "Google Shopping App Purchase". I want to use different profit margin values for 2 different product variations, because now it shows just product prices in "All conv. value" column. I guess I'll need to change the existing code somewhere in Shopify, right? Or I am wrong?
The different profit margin, should be based on your bidding, not the value. If you have 2 different product, just have two different campaigns, and have their own respective ROAS targets.
For purchase value, you should pull the real sales value instead of self assigning the value.
Thanks to all Community members that participated in our inaugural 2 week AMA on the new E...By Jacqui Mar 10, 2023
Upskill and stand out with the new Shopify Foundations Certification programBy SarahF_Shopify Mar 6, 2023
One of the key components to running a successful online business is having clear and co...By Ollie Mar 6, 2023