FROM CACHE - en_header

Google Verification.

lamontl
7 0 0

I have been trying to get Google to pass my attempts to verify that I own my store so I can then send a sitemap for SEO so I can rank on a Google page.  I have been trying for 3 weeks and continuously get a "failure" response.  So far, I have tried two alternate ways.   I have been following Google's Guide to SEO steps and in the Google Search Console tool.  No Luck.  This is very frustrating, to say the least.  Please help!

Replies 8 (8)
ekuplu
Shopify Partner
42 0 8

Happy to help! It is actually quite easy. You should use the HTML verification method and copy/paste the HTML verification code into your theme-liquid file. Let me know if you can't figure it out so that I can share screenshots.

Complete Tutorial: Setup GA4 on Shopify including E-comm Reports

Data Analytics & Marketing Focused Content Platform for Shopify Merchants: Analyzify Hub

Check out our free Shopify - Google Tag Manager Course on Youtube
lamontl
7 0 0

Thank you for reaching out to me!  But, yes, I have tried this a few times, always with a failure result.  I'll try it again.  Thanks!

lamontl
7 0 0

Here are the two different codes I used for two different methods:

1.           google-site-verification: google6405292129dd86f6.html    

2.           <meta name=“google-site-verification” content=”KFB6NQ2ep7qRZW9PbpLL5EDy8rOMsYhQ03OSje867FQ” />

Do you see anything wrong with these configurations?  The second alteration was suggested to me by a Google Chat advisor.

lamontl
7 0 0

Also, I was not sure about how to add the #1 above to my home page on my store.  So I added it by going back into the administrative page where I originally created the homepage.

It did not look right, but I left it in anyway.  How else could I place it onto the home page?  Thank you so much.  Maybe screenshots would help after all. 🙂  Lynn

ekuplu
Shopify Partner
42 0 8

@lamontl 
Sure. 

Step 1 - https://a.cl.ly/P8u9jRow 
Step 2 - https://a.cl.ly/d5uAx0qZ
Step 3 - Paste the second code above to below one of the "<meta name=" tags. 

Save from the right top corner. Just wait for a few minutes for the cookies and then you should be able to verify. 

Data Analytics & Marketing Focused Content Platform for Shopify Merchants: Analyzify Hub

lamontl
7 0 0

Hello Ekuplu,

I did as you said but it did not verify, so I will wait and then let you know if it worked.  In the meantime, I prepared a screenshot showing where I placed the code.

Will you tell me if it looks like it is correctly set up, and placed on the right line (#8) ?   TMy code is on line #8.My code is on line #8.

Thanks very much!  Lynn

ekuplu
Shopify Partner
42 0 8

Hello, @lamontl Lyn. 

I have checked your website as well. The codes seem great. Are you sure that you are adding the correct URL to G Search Console? You can record a screen video and share it with me so that I can check. 

lamontl
7 0 0

Hello,

I have not gotten verification from Google yet.  Here are some of my screenshots for you to see if there are any mistakes in my input to Google.   
Google.Google Console Tool Domain verification screenshot.png2.pngGoogle Console Tool Domain verification screenshot.png3.pngGoogle Console Tool Domain verification screenshot.png4.pngGoogle Console Tool Domain verification screenshot.png5.png