Has anyone tried using Google web stories to drive traffic?

trm313
Visitor
1 0 0

I'd be interested to hear any experiences, successes, or failures with trying to leverage Google's new web stories (https://stories.google/) format to drive eCommerce traffic. With it being so new, this could very well be a powerful SEO technique to get in front of, as well as a way to be featured across Google's new Discover feature that they're pushing.

While Google's ability to manipulate the web from their control of SEO ranking factors is a whole controversial thing, I do at least see the necessities in direction they've taken around recognizing that the web is moving mobile-first, and that engaging content should be rewarded first and foremost. Their web stories could be a nice tool to help an eCommerce store stand out from the crowd and create more of an emotional connection with your customers, hopefully driving a higher conversion rate as well.

If anybody has tried implementing anything in this realm, I'd love to chat further in the comments or dms. Also if anybody would be interested to, I'm an app developer, and perhaps we could work together on figuring out how to test some of these things out directly for your store, and see if we can move the needle for you.

Replies 4 (4)

KieranR
Shopify Partner
333 27 116

Nope haven't seen this used yet in ecom. I have a little experience with getting some blog content featured in Discovery, but yet to see how this plays out, following.

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
filijana
Tourist
18 0 2

Hey Kieran,

There is a Shopify app designed specifically for e-commerce Web Stories https://apps.shopify.com/storify-stories-that-convert

It's really easy to create them, actually a lot easier than blog posts. And it can be a perfect way to reuse old content and get new traffic without too much effort which is awesome.

We created one story for test purposes and the results are pretty impressive for three months period. I'm attaching the results

aaebs.PNG

And the best part is that there is no competition, so stores (and their SEO experts) creating them among first will have huge benefits in the future.

Note: I'm one of the app founders, and you can ping me for all detailed explanation 🙂

Growth at StorifyMe (Shopify-focused mobile experiences platform).
Check out some of our speed boosting apps:
AMP & PWA by AmpifyMe
comprarenchile
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi can you share your experience any any tips to bring Shopify blog post to google discovery 

Younbutho
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes, many individuals and businesses have experimented with using Google Web Stories as a tool to drive traffic to their websites. Google Web Stories are short, visually engaging, and mobile-friendly content pieces that can be shared on the web. They are designed to captivate users and can potentially increase website traffic through their eye-catching nature. By creating informative, entertaining, or visually appealing stories, some users have seen success in attracting an audience and driving traffic back to their websites. However, the effectiveness of Google Web Stories may vary depending on the niche, target audience, and content quality. To make the most of this feature, it's essential to optimize your stories for relevant keywords and ensure they provide value to your audience, ultimately encouraging them to visit your website for more information or engagement.