Why am I getting traffic but no sales and how can I increase conversions?

Ascendconsult
Tourist
5 0 1

Am getting traffic but no sales what can I do to convert them

banned
Replies 4 (4)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @Ascendconsult !

I understand it can be frustrating to see traffic to your store without converted sales. If you'd like to share with me your store URL, I'd be happy to provide some feedback on how to improve your conversion rate. 

I would also recommend taking a look at our blog post on troubleshooting your store and marketing strategies to convert traffic into sales. It walks you through the ways you can navigate your own store as a new customer to see how small edits could improve your conversion. 

If you haven't done so already, I would strongly recommend developping a marketing plan. Having a marketing plan is an important base to your overall business plan and the success/visibility of your store. The guide that I have linked above will help you explore different tactics to put in place that are appropriate for your business and help you acquire long term customers. 

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

vinods
Shopify Partner
847 15 93

Hi @Ascendconsult 

Can i have your website URL so i can check and provide you some insights

Vinod Sachdev
Digital Centrics
Digital Marketing Manager
Google & Bing Ads | Website Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @Ascendconsult,

It's important to convert your store traffic to sales. Optimizing your Shopify store is not a one-time process. It’s something you should always be doing to get better.

Below are several techniques that when implemented correctly can increase your sales.

1. Attractive Home page
Your Home page should be visually appealing, easy to navigate, and should load fast. Avoid excessive images and text. Stay on brand and on message with a simple, attention-capturing design.
2. Testimonials to build trust
Adding testimonials, reviews, and badges to your home page beneath your main content will help in building trust and project credibility.
3. Organize product collections/categories effectively
Make sure your customers experience better and more simple navigation through your store.
4. Use high-quality product images
Clear, quality product images give consumers quick information on a product. They can see the color, pattern, style, shape, and quality of the product with a glance.
5. Highlight product benefits
Avoid copy-pasting the description provided by the manufacturer. The product description gives you a great opportunity to integrate SEO keywords and the reason why one should purchase it.
6. Optimize the Checkout process
You might lose a lot of customers right when they are ready to buy if your checkout process isn’t simple.
7. Allow Guest Checkout
Offering a guest checkout option takes the checkout optimization process to the next level. You will get more abandoned carts if you want them to create an account to complete the checkout.
8. Add blogging
Apart from writing great content on your product landing pages, you should also leverage blogging to educate, inform, and engage your target audience.
9. Reduce Price Shock
If the extra costs (shipping, tax, fees, etc.) are too high you will get more cart abandonment. One way to eradicate this problem is by offering free shipping. Make sure to highlight that you’re not charging anything to deliver the products.
10. Remind abandoned cart customers
With abandoned cart emails, you can remind your customers of the items they expressed interest in and then left your store with no intention of returning. You can do this from your store Settings > Checkout > Abandoned Cart section > Choose to send abandoned cart emails either one, six, 10, or 24 hours after a customer abandons a cart.
11. Make sure your store is mobile-friendly
Over 54% of all web traffic comes from smartphones and tablets, so make sure your store is mobile-friendly.
12. Site navigation menu should be easy to use
Your site's main header navigation menu should contain links to collections, and pages like Contact Us, About Us, FAQ, etc. The footer navigation menu should contain links to the Privacy policy, Terms of Service, Return & Exchange Policy, and Shipping policy.

Your ongoing SEO efforts can only work if the page is indexed (found) by Google. Unless your site (or store) is many years old and has very few products, there is no guarantee that all the pages you carefully SEO'ed are actually indexed (found) by Google. In fact, an overwhelming majority of the digital world is NOT indexed. flareAI shows you, with a Found on Google (FOG) report how much of your ever-changing site is un-indexed, hidden from customer searches. And, how flareAI automation can clear the FOG. Let flareAI help you to grow your revenue on 20+ world's largest free sales channels, Single click start!

Hope this was helpful,

Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing

emilyallen
Excursionist
25 1 2

Hi, 

Don’t worry about getting traffic but no sales at this time. A lot of people are struggling with the same issue. We are here to help! It would be nice if you could share your store URL so I can provide you with more accurate and effective feedback. 

Here are a few tips that will help convert your traffic into sales: 

• Prepare your site with authentic social proof
    • The concept of social proof holds that as more people interact with your business, the more credible your website becomes. This works because most online shoppers experience FOMO (fear of missing out). Visitors to your website will believe there must be advantages as soon as they notice that other people are purchasing your stuff. They'll be more inclined to interact with your brand and purchase your goods.
  • Regularly update your site content 
    • You must consistently update your site with new content and information that persuades people to purchase from you if you want to keep visitors coming to it and ensure that they stay. Even after they've already made a purchase, this method of consistently upgrading your material offers a means to entice visitors to return to discover what else they may learn.
  • Retargeting 
    • Retargeting offers a technique to keep your business at the forefront of customers' minds even after they leave your website. With retargeting, an online advertisement for your company effectively follows them to other pages. Your past website visitors can consider you while making a purchase by seeing your retargeting ads, which constantly remind you of your offerings and value proposition. 
    • This article explains more about how retargeting can help your business: https://akohubteam.medium.com/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b

Hope this was helpful!