How do you get frequent sales?

Xerto
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello, I started with Shopify 2-3 months ago at first I didn't make any sales at all and lost some money with ads, now I get sales with some ads (mostly from Instagramshoutouts) but it only spikes, if I make an ad I get sales for 1-3 days also not many and then almost no traffic and no sales.

I tried Facebook ads but it didn't work yet.

I want to try soon again but I need a guide or something which I have to focus on, I am not a marketing expert and somebody who can guide me throw this would be really appreciated!!!

Replies 24 (24)
Stylesupplier
Tourist
37 0 1

google seo forum, then you will find lots of marketing course. You also can find a marketing freelancer help you.

Jodyshop_Shoppi
Excursionist
53 0 3

Hi, Xerto

Relying on Google or Facebook isn't enough to get sales.

Do you think why Amazon, eBay, and Walmart make Millions of $$$ sales daily?

Yes, this is because of popularity and Well-Known Brand.

So, I suggest you work on promoting your Brand instead of products (will be the next level of promotion).

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
Tim_K
Tourist
13 0 2

My go to are facebook ads.

Organic social is hard.

Influencers are hard.

SEO is hard.

But paid social (facebook ads in particular) are my biggest growth channel.

They are my favoirte because they're like a faucet - .I can pour the traffic on HARD and slow them down, whenever I need!

They haven't been easy to get running but with much paitence and these three tactics, here's how I make my ads work as a constant sales driver:

1) Retargeting

I always have web traffic coming in, but I lose too many sales from abandoners.

With retargeting, I'm able to capitilze on lost website traffic, sales and the opportunity to grow my business.

I've had a ton of success with the app Turbo Retargeting and highly suggest it.

Their support is great.

Their app is great.

It's the most effective app on the market, from what I know and they have a free trial!

You can create retargeting ads by yourself by their campaigns are automatically optimized and do all of the work for you. 

2) Constantly testing

Facebook ads are a sweet science.

And it takes time to perfec them.

You must be patience and constantly work to improve your ads.

Sometimes, days or even weeks until you discover a winning forumla when you dont know what youre doing.

Stay patienct, stay consistnet, and stay eager to learn..

3) Constanatly learning!

Which brings me to my final point.

Always be learning!

Paid traffic is tough.

If it was easy everyone would do it.

Having a learn it all mentality has been crucial to my success.

If you're looking to learn advanced Facebook ad strategies, check out the shopify blog, oberlow blog, or this free Facebook ads crash course that I started with

It was super helpful for going from 0 to hero when i was getting started. And they replied to all of my specific questions hah.  Check it out!

Anyways, I hope this was helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jodyshop_Shoppi
Excursionist
53 0 3

That's what I am talking about! Even with big budget ad campaigns, there are too many store owners (here) never made a single sale!

Too many people thought if they build a website and added products, customers will buy will blinded eyes! No There are too many factors to start give trust and reliable service to your customers.

Goodluck 🙂

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
MADELINEP
Tourist
5 0 2

Consisten social media use (not paid ads -- using strong photo content uploaded daily to engage genuine fans and users), influencer gifting, and flash sales while getting started to build a strong audience!

Carey_Osenbau
Shopify Expert
1 0 0

Have a solid strategic plan that includes making sure your site is gaining the trust of customers  to purchase from you.  You can send all the customers you want to your site, but if they don't trust to buy from you its a waste of money.  SEO is important and most times overlooked along with a multi channel marketing plan. Know who your customer is and where they hang out, then market to them there. 

Mark_Yurik
3 0 0

Hi Xerto...

What is your 'Online Store' or 'Web Site URL'?

Thanks Xerto;

" Advertising is the tax you pay for being unremarkable " - Robert Stephens -
Xerto
Tourist
9 0 1

@ Tim K

Thank you very much!
I will try to improve my facebook ads and start to retarget more, my sales are to low to buy such a app so I will do them manuel.

Xerto
Tourist
9 0 1

@Mark Yurik

Hello Mark,

It is: https://stylishwolves.com/

Thanks 🙂

Xerto
Tourist
9 0 1

@MADELINEP

I am posting daily on Instagram and thought about something like a give away but I only have 60follower so far and I don't know if it's to early.

Xerto
Tourist
9 0 1

@ Carey Osenbau

Yes, I am gonna start look more into SEO and try to improve my site.

Thanks

Vishal3
Excursionist
39 0 10

Hey Xerto,

First of all, if you're getting a decent traffic try setting up retargeting pixels ASAP on your store.

Many hygienes were already suggested here. I like to add few more.

So if you're not getting any orders or sales from your paid campaigns, you can use these audiences for "Retargeting."

You can retarget your website visitors with:

1. Google display ads
  2. Facebook
  3. Push Notifications

Google display ads : Good alternative for google search AdWords.

All you need is to create an audience as per your requirement and target them, with the relevant offering. In your case since people already visited your website, the brand recall will work.

Step-by-step guide: https://www.verticalrail.com/kb/google-remarketing-tag-shopify/

Good read: https://www.shopify.in/blog/6019860-how-to-use-google-remarketing-for-ecommerce

Facebook Ads:

Step by step guide: https://www.shopify.in/blog/118363973-the-quick-and-easy-way-to-put-your-facebook-ads-on-autopilot

https://www.facebook.com/help/179245922507048

Good read: https://www.shopify.in/guides/make-your-first-ecommerce-sale/facebook-ads

https://blog.boldcommerce.com/a-step-by-step-guide-to-facebook-retargeting-for-ecommerce

Push Notifications:

The most economical way to retarget your visitors. All you need to do is to get started with iZooto shopify app.

Step-by-Step guide: https://www.izooto.com/web-push-notification-shopify

Good read: https://get.izooto.com/shopping-cart-abandonment

https://www.izooto.com/ecommerce-retargeting-using-web-push-notifications

Will love to help you out with push notifications setup, in case you need any help.

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
Xerto
Tourist
9 0 1

@Vishal

Thanks a lot for the answer!
I will try to read all the guides and improve my store from them.

But I got one question.
Do you mean I shouls make a extra Facebook pixel only for retargeting?
Or use my already existing Pixel?

Thanks a lot!

Vishal3
Excursionist
39 0 10

No use your existing Facebook pixel. But tweak it a bit to capture more details, this is covered here: https://help.shopify.com/manual/promoting-marketing/facebook-pixel/getting-started

Check : "Remove old Facebook Pixel code from your store" section

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
MktgPro
13 0 0

Hi there,

Learning the ins and outs of online advertising can be tricky - especially if you are new to the world of marketing! Why a product does or does not sell is not always black and white. This can be troubling and frustrating - as eCommerce shop owners, we’ve all been there!

Below I’ve listed some tips that worked for me (along with some self promotion 🙂  

Understand who you’re marketing to

In order to boost your sales, it is important that you understand exactly who it is you’re selling to. This may seem like a no-brainer from a sales perspective, yet it may not be as obvious as it seems. The reason you may not be generating sales could be that the wrong demographic is viewing your ads. This is a huge waste of your time and money. If you are having difficulty narrowing down your demographic, Shopify provides Facebook ad apps that ensure your site is being marketed to the correct audience.

Focus on the design of your ads

The design of your ad makes a huge impact on whether or not you make a sale. Again, this may seem obvious, but tiny mistakes in advertising can end up costing you hundreds of dollars.

Below are some important questions to consider when creating your ads:

• What type of ad is best for your shop? Videos, static images, dynamic images, animated gifs, and full page takeover ads are all viable options. Choose which medium fits best with your target demographic.

• Does your ad include a CTA? CTAs (call to actions) should appear somewhere on your ad. A button on your ad that asks the user to “Learn More” or “Shop Now”, allows them to further browse your store with one simple click.

• What is the tone of your ad? Your ads should be a positive reflection of how you want customers to perceive your brand. Consider things like color, imagery, font, and layout design when creating your ads.

Monitor performance and stay dynamic

After you have created your ads, it is important to monitor how they perform. Do not make the mistake of creating an ad and thinking your work is done. Small adjustments in your ads can be the deciding factor in whether you make a new customer or whether that same potential customer leaves your site. Stay dynamic with your ads! Keep your ads fresh and up to date. This can mean, adjusting headlines, CTAs, or promotions on a regular basis. Consumers get bored with the same old thing- keep them on their toes with new, compelling ads.

Use Facebook to your advantage

Facebook can be your number one asset when it comes to online marketing. It reaches millions of people all over the world, and better yet, it’s free! However, as you mentioned, navigating Facebook ads on your own can be confusing, and may not produce the results you’re looking for.

Apps like Pollen can help cut through the confusion and free up your precious time. Pollen enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!   

Good luck and happy advertising!

Kevin_Simonson1
Excursionist
59 0 3

Hey Xerto! Cool site. The wolf theme is powerful. It's actualy my spirit animal 😉

To your question, yes, sales can be complex challenge. Sounds like you're off to a great start, so here's our advice.

Integrate everything. Paid, social, SEM, email, etc. Do it all. And most importantly...

Test everything! It's critical to growth. You have toin order to figure out what works! A few of our account managers who run campaigns explore this in great detail on our blog, thought you might find this article valuable:

Deep Dive On How to Grow Profitable Client Relationships

Hope that helps. Good luck to ya!

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
Howard2
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

This is a great question with some awesome responses. This is the "nut" that every online business owner and marketers must crack. Although some of these responses are methods that I implemented as well they can be costly and I have had times when my ad spend was double my ROI. It is trial and error. 

When you run your ad just make small tweaks at a time this way you're able to gather data and find the perfect combination. Don't get frustrated we all go through it. 

As of 2018 I have been using free traffic methods! Safe lists,  ad swaps, cash blurbs, money line, and traffic exchanges  I buy the OTO (one time offer) that gives me two auto sends a day to over 3,000 on 60 different sites. In total I had spent $140 on OTO' s on those 60 sites and have had excellent results so far. I have more than tripled my original purchase. You do not need to pay on these sites...I personally just did because I would've had to read other members offers to earn the credits to send my ads out..I didn't want to put that much time in so I spent on average $10 a site.

Again that would've been 100% free,  I just didn't have the time if it wouldn't have worked I probably would have tried sending something else other than my store to them. 

Another awesome TE I found let's you advertise your site plus make 2.74 BTC in 42 days. It is the best site for advertising because they have anti cheat servers. So your store is being shown to real people for 20 full sseconds! 

The link is here..if you join under me there is a unique chat system that I can message you and pay it forward to get you boosted in your venture and I can help you with some information about the other sites I am using. 

https://infinitytrafficboost.com/HBoelky

Wishing you the best of luck in 2018 and all that take the time to read this! Leaders are readers!

Howard Boelky

Mark_Yurik
3 0 0

Thanks Xerto...

OK, Xerto, let's prentend you're a propsect landing on your Home Page?

And you're busy...

Quickly, what is it that you do? The nice photo is what? A wolf? What? What are you offering?

If you want some constructive critism, ask and you shall revecive. 

FYI... When seeing this for the 1st time, myself immediatey thought? Wolf skins? or worse, your wacking wolves and selling their hides? You see the picture? 

Maybe have fun and include a small tag line "No Wovles are Being Harmed In The Making of This Store"

Wise man once shared... He who gives unsolitated advice is either 'resented' as a 'know-it-all' or worse... Banished. Thus, I'll check back. 

If you want me to tear into this, then tear I will.

Nice offerings, by the way, if you can get me to click 'Catalog' or 'Under the Fold'.

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you Xerto;

" Advertising is the tax you pay for being unremarkable " - Robert Stephens -
Bryan_Hoffman
14 0 0

Google ads is best. You can try.