How to balance marketing between a lead magnet eBook and products?

Focused4ever
Excursionist
46 0 3

Hi all, 

My question today is I just started a brand new home decor eCommerce store and I created a awesome lead magnet in the form of a 50-page eBook packed full of great information much detail awesome photography and even extra charts and guides that can help homeowners choose the right home decor for themselves. I'm going to be giving it away to collect emails which is the first welcome pop-up on my website. I'm curious to know should I market only the ebook for a while before I start advertising products or should there be a percent balance that I should try to concentrate on? I'm trying to figure out a strategy for this and I'm not really sure where to start. Any information anybody could provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you kindly

Replies 2 (2)

popsmash
Shopify Partner
60 1 9

It sounds like what you're talking about is building a "prelaunch email list" using the lead magnet you made. There are a lot of resources out there on that, so I'd recommend searching for that phrase. It's a common launch strategy, so it's definitely worth considering.

POPSMASH: Launch your Shopify AI product quiz in 5 minutes and make personalized recommendations that increase sales, reduce returns & grow email subscribers.

If this answer is helpful, please give it a Like and ✓ Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

MikeDavey
Shopify Partner
29 2 2

Hey! Love the idea of the ebook as a lead generation magnet. Are you using it on other platforms such as social media to draw traffic to your website? 

How are you hosting your ebook to build your email list? Here are some tools we use. 

Designrr & Learning Studio AI 

Hope it helps, let me know if you have follow up questions. 

https://mikesportfolio.carrd.co/

If you find my comments or solutions helpful
Please give them a like!