How to reduce cart abandonment rate?

dominique24
3 0 1

Hi guys! Are there any ways to reduce the cart abandonment rate? I'm considering adding some more customer feedback, is it a good way to go? Many thanks!

Replies 12 (12)
Pallavi
Shopify Expert
2449 410 529

Hello there.

Please check this one article

https://www.splitit.com/blog/5-ways-to-reduce-cart-abandonment-in-your-shopify-store/
https://www.shopify.in/enterprise/44272899-how-to-reduce-shopping-cart-abandonment-by-optimizing-the...

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2542 77 373

Hi,

There are many factors contributing to cart abandonment.  For new shopfly stores, customer may be hesitant to purchase on thinking legitimacy of the store. To avoid this, You need to make your store public appearance on social media platforms like facebook, instagram, twitter etc... and showcase them on your store. 

one  more reason of cart abandonment will be price. If price seems high customer like to abandonment. Though this is not only reason for cart abandonment.

In this case, you can provide discounts to customer via popup messages right in product page, cart page or even checkout page.  checkout our app at customer account  and demo store is at demo store .  on demo store, you can see customer can get discount on sharing your products on social platforms. This way you not only avoid few cart abandonments but also attract new customers by facebook, twitter and whatsapp sharing..

Thanks

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
EllaBrown2021
Excursionist
91 0 9

I think it is a good method, you can try it.

PageFly
Shopify Partner
1944 271 1428

Hi @dominique24

There are the things you can do to reduce cart abandonment rate and improve sales: 

- Offer free shipping on all orders $50 (for example) and up to reduce the barrier of entry for customers. This can also give your company a competitive edge over other retailers who charge high prices or have an expensive membership program that requires monthly fees.

- Provide quality customer service by offering friendly email replies in less than 24 hours (or even quicker). Make sure you respond to every single inquiry with kindness, apologize if something went wrong, offer solutions, follow up with them later via phone call--this is about building relationships! The more work you put into your customer engagement strategy, the better it will be for your bottom line.

- Offer rewards programs where members get points when they shop at their store frequently; this incentivizes repeat business.

-Ask them for customer feedback. Surveys are a great way to find out what your customers want and need.

-Offer discounts in exchange for reviews on reputable sites like Yelp or Google. This is an easy win because customer feedback will improve the company's ratings, which can lead directly to more traffic and sales!

-Send out cart recovery email campaigns. These emails should be sent to customers who have abandoned their carts and offer them a special discount in exchange for completing the purchase.

-Create incentives that are related to your company's mission, such as donating money or items back into the community through fundraising efforts.

Let me know if my answer is of any help with a like and thumb up  

-----

This May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship and ZAGO to join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommence 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive". 

In this event these real experts will guide you from A to Z how to build a successful store and provide tips regarding the newest trend in E-Commerce! This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game. Sign up now cause we only take the first 500 registers! SIGN UP HERE

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

VitaF
Shopify Partner
128 1 20

Hi Dominique!

Adding real customer reviews is definitely a good idea, this way, you are able to attract new customers to your store and hopefully help them to complete a purchase.

Another thing that helps to build trust is making it clear how to get into contact with your customer service if a customer needs help with something. The process of trying to solve a problem can be very frustrating and making it difficult to reach an actual person might only add fuel to the frustration.

Provide customers the option to fill in a contact form, easily find your support email address and also think about integrating a live chat if you are able to manage it. And after every positive support encounter you can reach out to customers asking them to leave a review.

For customer service, I’d recommend the HelpCenter app. It offers an FAQ Builder, HelpDesk Ticketing System and a Live Chat that can help you provide better customer support, thus “convincing” customers to complete the purchase.

Helpcenterapp
crosscart
10 0 0

Hi there,

My name is Carson. I’m interested in developing an app that can hopefully help with this. I don’t have experience as a merchant, but from your question and others’, this is clearly a problem that prevents you from getting sales.

I think that a “universal” cart could help shoppers retain their carts and finish checkouts more frequently. You can check out my proposed solution here: http://crosscart.io.

Please let me know what you think, and feel free to join the email list, and I will reach out to chat a bit more. Thanks! 

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
504 22 61

Hi @dominique24 

In my opinion, customer feedback is one of the most effective ways to reduce cart abandonment rate. There are also many methods to reduce cart abandonment rate, for more you can follow advice on this article: How To Reduce Cart Abandonment With 12+ Awesome Tips.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Daniel_1990
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

Why don't you check with our special customized plugin which gets integrated with all major eCommerce stores our tool helps in reducing cart abandonment and gives a boost in revenue.

You can check out from our website https://fenixcommerce.com/.

MariAdrenalead
7 0 0

Hi!

There are several reasons for cart abandonment.

One of them is high delivery cost. Secondly, some Internet users just want to know the total price to pay and want to take some time to think about it before buying.

You can easily activate web push notifications on your eCommerce site and send your users a basket reminder to help them finalize their online purchase.

Or, when you know that shipping costs can be a major obstacle to purchase, you can create a coupon code that will offer the shipping costs to this Internet user. Sometimes, it is more interesting to sell a product by paying the delivery costs, rather than not selling it at all.

Here is a usefull article for eCommerce website owners to maximize your conversions:

https://adrenalead.com/en/marketing-automation-6-campagnes-web-push-notification-a-automatiser-maxim...