How to set auto email to send "Activate Your Account" once customer subscribe our email newsletter

weekee1980
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi,

Anyone know how to set Sending auto emails to our customers requesting them to activate their accounts once they subscribe to our newsletter?

"Activate Your Account" email is like below:

activate account.JPG

As the "Activate Your Account" link for every account is different , how can we set the link ?

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 58 103

Hi, @weekee1980!

This looks like the Customer account invite email found under Settings > Notifications in the admin, though I see that the message is customized to mention rewards points. Are you using one of the customer loyalty apps alongside this notification to offer rewards? 

You can invite individual customers to create an account (stores on the Shopify Plus plan can also send account invites to customers in bulk), or customers can create an account on their own when visiting your store. Either way, the Customer account invite email will automatically include a unique link for each customer, so there's no action required to edit the link. However, if you are using an app in conjunction with this to offer the rewards points, it may be helpful to check in with the app developers about this as well.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
weekee1980
Tourist
12 0 0
Hi Sophia,

Thanks for your reply.

Is that a setting for Sending auto emails to our customers requesting them to activate their accounts once they subscribe to our newsletter?
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 58 103

The Customer account invite email is not sent to new email subscribers. This email is either sent automatically to customers who created an account on their own, or sent manually to customers whom you've invited to create an account. 

Customers who subscribe to your email newsletter or opt-in to email marketing at checkout will instead receive the Confirmation email if you have double opt-in enabled. Below is a screenshot from Settings > Notifications in my test store to show where these two templates live. The Customer account invite email is under the Customer section, and Confirmation email is under Email marketing.

24-48-85163-15115

If you would prefer to automatically send a welcome email to all new email subscribers that includes an account invite, I recommend looking into the email marketing apps available in the Shopify App Store. 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes