How to set auto email to send "Activate Your Account" once customer subscribe our email newsletter

weekee1980
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi,

Anyone know how to set Sending auto emails to our customers requesting them to activate their accounts once they subscribe to our newsletter?

"Activate Your Account" email is like below:

activate account.JPG

As the "Activate Your Account" link for every account is different , how can we set the link ?

Replies 9 (9)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @weekee1980!

This looks like the Customer account invite email found under Settings > Notifications in the admin, though I see that the message is customized to mention rewards points. Are you using one of the customer loyalty apps alongside this notification to offer rewards? 

You can invite individual customers to create an account (stores on the Shopify Plus plan can also send account invites to customers in bulk), or customers can create an account on their own when visiting your store. Either way, the Customer account invite email will automatically include a unique link for each customer, so there's no action required to edit the link. However, if you are using an app in conjunction with this to offer the rewards points, it may be helpful to check in with the app developers about this as well.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

weekee1980
Tourist
12 0 0
Hi Sophia,

Thanks for your reply.

Is that a setting for Sending auto emails to our customers requesting them to activate their accounts once they subscribe to our newsletter?
Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

The Customer account invite email is not sent to new email subscribers. This email is either sent automatically to customers who created an account on their own, or sent manually to customers whom you've invited to create an account. 

Customers who subscribe to your email newsletter or opt-in to email marketing at checkout will instead receive the Confirmation email if you have double opt-in enabled. Below is a screenshot from Settings > Notifications in my test store to show where these two templates live. The Customer account invite email is under the Customer section, and Confirmation email is under Email marketing.

24-48-85163-15115

If you would prefer to automatically send a welcome email to all new email subscribers that includes an account invite, I recommend looking into the email marketing apps available in the Shopify App Store. 

KatiTwistbe
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Sophia! 

I tried to look how I can set the Account activation invite to automatic but couldn't find anyway to do that..can you help? I am looking at Settings --> Notifications --> Customer Account Invite

At our shop we can only send it to customers manually. What we would like to happen is that when a customer places their first order they would get that activation email afterwards (if they didn't activate the account already earlier). 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@KatiTwistbe wrote:

Hi Sophia! 

I tried to look how I can set the Account activation invite to automatic but couldn't find anyway to do that..can you help? I am looking at Settings --> Notifications --> Customer Account Invite

At our shop we can only send it to customers manually. What we would like to happen is that when a customer places their first order they would get that activation email afterwards (if they didn't activate the account already earlier). 

Hi, @KatiTwistbe!

There are two options for the Customer account invite email notification:

1. Sent automatically to customers who created an account on their own, or
  2. Sent manually (either individually or in bulk) if you're inviting customers to create an account

To send an account invite after an order is placed, you can use one of the email marketing apps. Are you already using an email marketing service?

mkgottlieb
7 0 0

On a related note, when a new user signs up for an account, they are receiving the Customer Account Welcome email immediately along with the Customer Marketing Confirmation email. It is completely bypassing the Customer Account Invite email. How do I get it to send the Invite email only? And how do I prevent that user from being added to marketing (even in a pending state) since they never asked to be opted in?

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @mkgottlieb 

The customer account invite email is sent automatically when the customer elects to create an account. This email is used for the customer to confirm and 'activate' the account. 

The customer marketing confirmation email is sent to the customer automatically when they sign up for email marketing. It's important to note that this email will only trigger if you have turned on the 'email double opt-in' feature. 

Customers are only subscribed to marketing content when they add their contact information to a newsletter sign-up on your online store, or by checking a checkbox in the checkout that states 'accepts email marketing'. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 

prakum
Tourist
13 1 1

Hi, I am facing the same issue now. Did you manage to fix yours? Thanks.

MandasaTech
Shopify Expert
723 146 153

Hello,

https://apps.shopify.com/customer-account-verification

As a fellow Shopify merchant, we know how crucial email marketing is for your business.
That's why we're thrilled to introduce you to “EmailCheckr”, the ultimate Shopify app for email validation.

“EmailCheckr” helps merchants to ensure that the customer’s email address is valid and that they are who they say they are.
With email verification, businesses can increase their security and protect their customers’ data from malicious activities.
Email verification also helps businesses maintain accurate records of customer information, which can be used for marketing purposes or to improve customer service.

Features :
- Account activation emails are sent to customers to verify their emails.
- Verify customer emails to protect your business.
- It keeps your email lists fresh by eliminating fake customer account signups.

☞ Helpful or Question answered? Please Click Like & Mark it Accepted Solution
☞ Want to modify or custom changes on store for affordable price? Click on Contact button here
☞ Email at info@mandasa.in
☞ Whatsapp at +918989609120 | Hire us at: Website Support Page