How to translate Shopify New Marketing Email Automations

atertonien
Excursionist
40 0 27

Hi,

Shopify is pressing to update to the new Marketing Email Automations for the following purposes:

- Abandoned Checkout
- Abandoned Cart

- Abandoned Product Browse

- Welcome New Subscriber

- First-Purchase Upsell

- Customer Winback

I have tried to check everywhere, but I do not see any available way to translate some sections for multilingual website purposes. Simply it takes the first language (for example English) for sections like "Recover Cart" or simply also the Product Titles are not translated based on Locale Property.

Is Shopify going to release some instructions to translate them? Does anyone have found a solution?

The only thing I solved was with the Welcome Email, adding a conditional "if" inside the workflow based on customer.locale and creating different email with only custom sections.

But for the email automations that need a Shopify Automated Section, there is no way to translate.
@Shopify

Screenshot_20221027_034127.png

Replies 14 (14)

Attrexx
Excursionist
17 1 5

I second this thread.

Professional Web Products & Services • Website Development & Online Advertising on an European scale
atertonien
Excursionist
40 0 27

I also add that the links of the sections should respect the correct locale property (language of the customer)

EdMoDecor
Tourist
10 0 1

Solutions for multilingual email?

atertonien
Excursionist
40 0 27

@Shopify  should definetely release an update of "Shopify Email" and "Shopify Inbox" in order to completely manage all the texts and translations inside the app.
The current situation is really frustrating because there seems not be a solution until Shopify fixes this. Another issue I have just found out is that Shopify Inbox does not pass the correct locale.property in the customer creation and assigns always the main language...
@Shopify release an updates to establish a real multilingual offer, now it is just incomplete and frustrating.

piesod
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

I also have this problem. Anyone found a solution?
@Shopify are you working on it?

miban
Visitor
1 0 1

We also have this problem, has @Shopify offered a solution?

Bankss
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Anyone found a solution to this?

Thomas58
Shopify Partner
28 1 11

Second this, Shopify should definitely clarify how to translate the automated messages. 

RaulReis
Visitor
2 0 3

Shopify needs to update their basic functionalities ASAP.

Lacking in aspects such as these makes selling internationally have a lot more friction, as we are constantly facing unnecessary technical barriers such as this one.

Thomas58
Shopify Partner
28 1 11

Second this! The email automation as it currently works is basically completely useless for international shops. 

atertonien
Excursionist
40 0 27

I have been trying to contact again the shopify support because one of the developers team wrote to me an email in mid-February that these features were coming soon...

Now it is mid-May and still nothing, we could get so much more brand awareness and consideration with these multilingual features applied to the new email automations.

Come on Shopify!

Pullmark
Visitor
1 0 1

Let's hope a solution comes soon.

FurryFrame
Visitor
1 0 0

Also looking for a solution to solve this issue.

sebastian39
Visitor
1 0 0

Had the same issue but solved it by appling a filter in the workflow of the automatization with the customers locale starting with the language code. In my case this was

es

(for spanish).

Hope this helps for everyone.