I need help converting. Please Share Your Advertising experiences!

Babybug
Excursionist
23 0 5

I thought it might be helpful to start a thread where we can all share our experiences with Google and social media ads. What has worked? What hasn't worked? Which one do you prefer?

Please post if you have been very successful so we can learn from you. 

Those of us with little luck can share what we are doing too. 

Personally, I have tried them all with limited success. I started my website 45 days ago. I've had about 6,000 visitors and ZERO sales. I've spend hundreds on Google & Facebook mostly. I need help funneling & getting conversions. I doubt I am the only one. 

Replies 9 (9)

SocialAutoPost
Shopify Partner
426 58 104

Marketing and advertising can be challenging, and it is not uncommon for businesses to experience setbacks or have difficulty getting the desired results. However, there are a few strategies that you can try to improve the performance of your Google and social media ads:

1. Identify your target audience: It is important to have a clear understanding of who your target audience is and what they are interested in. This will help you create more targeted and effective ads.

2. Use relevant keywords: Choose keywords that are relevant to your business and the products or services that you offer. This will help ensure that your ads are shown to the right people.

3. Use compelling ad copy: Create ad copy that is engaging and compelling. Use strong calls to action to encourage people to click on your ads.

4. Test different ad formats: Experiment with different ad formats to see which ones work best for your business. This could include text ads, image ads, or video ads.

5. Monitor and analyze your results: Use the analytics and tracking tools provided by Google and social media platforms to monitor the performance of your ads. Analyze the data to identify which ads are performing well and which ones are not, and make adjustments as needed.

By implementing these strategies and continuing to test and optimize your campaigns, you should be able to improve the performance of your Google and social media ads and get better results. It is also a good idea to seek out guidance and advice from more experienced marketers or professionals in the field to get additional insights and tips.

Was the reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Auto post your Shopify products to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
App: Social Schedular

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @Babybug,

It's flareAI - your Fully Automated Free Sales Machine here. We are helping Shopify merchants providing solutions for the last few years in Shopify Community.

If helpful, please consider Like and Accept solution.

Can you drop your store link for review?

Below are several techniques that when implemented correctly can increase your sales.

1. Attractive Home page
Your Home page should be visually appealing, easy to navigate, and should load fast. Avoid excessive images and text. Stay on brand and on message with a simple, attention-capturing design.
2. Testimonials to build trust
Adding testimonials, reviews, and badges to your home page beneath your main content will help in building trust and project credibility.
3. Organize product collections/categories effectively
Make sure your customers experience better and more simple navigation through your store.
4. Use high-quality product images
Clear, quality product images give consumers quick information on a product. They can see the color, pattern, style, shape, and quality of the product with a glance.
5. Highlight product benefits
Avoid copy-pasting the description provided by the manufacturer. The product description gives you a great opportunity to integrate SEO keywords and the reason why one should purchase it.
6. Optimize the Checkout process
You might lose a lot of customers right when they are ready to buy if your checkout process isn’t simple.
7. Allow Guest Checkout
Offering a guest checkout option takes the checkout optimization process to the next level. You will get more abandoned carts if you want them to create an account to complete the checkout.
8. Add blogging
Apart from writing great content on your product landing pages, you should also leverage blogging to educate, inform, and engage your target audience.
9. Reduce Price Shock
If the extra costs (shipping, tax, fees, etc.) are too high you will get more cart abandonment. One way to eradicate this problem is by offering free shipping. Make sure to highlight that you’re not charging anything to deliver the products.
10. Remind abandoned cart customers
With abandoned cart emails, you can remind your customers of the items they expressed interest in and then left your store with no intention of returning. You can do this from your store Settings > Checkout > Abandoned Cart section > Choose to send abandoned cart emails either one, six, 10, or 24 hours after a customer abandons a cart.
11. Make sure your store is mobile-friendly
Over 54% of all web traffic comes from smartphones and tablets, so make sure your store is mobile-friendly.
12. Site navigation menu should be easy to use
Your site's main header navigation menu should contains links to collections, pages like Contact Us, About Us, FAQ etc. The footer navigation menu should contain links to Privacy policy, Terms of service, Return & Exchange policy, Shipping policy.

It's wise to invest 10-30% of revenue back into ads. But upto 40% of paid ads are clicked by competitor bots, according to Adobe research. Every marketing channel demands more $$$, except one. Consumers trust organic sales channels like Google. flareAI will help to scale your site sustainably at NO added Staffing expenses, NO Pay-per-click, NO paid marketplaces. Single click start!

If you found the answer helpful consider supporting the Shopify Community by giving it a Like + Accept the solution.

Gina
flareAI

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing
Babybug
Excursionist
23 0 5

Hello @flareAI 

Thank you for your response! Here is my website for your review. I've had thousands of visitors but zero sales in 2 months. I've been running ads but clearly I am not attracting the right costumers or my website is lacking something. The one thing I know I am lacking are reviews but I have no costumers so I don't have any reviews. 

https://babybugnursery.com 

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @Babybug,

Gina here from flareAI - your Fully Automated Free Sales Machine.

Please consider liking and accepting the solution if it helps.

As your store is new I would advise you to focus on organic/free sales also.

In general, organic search is more cost-effective in the long run. If you have an organic search result that gets the same number of clicks as an ad, the organic result will have a better ROI. While you may have spent time on the result, you won't have to pay for clicks, meaning your return is higher per click. By tapping into free sources of traffic like Google, you’ll start generating a good amount of sales on your Shopify store.

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can increase sales.

1. Add the Home page link at the start of the main menu.
2. Add more detailed product descriptions in product pages. The product description should provide visitors with important information about the features and benefits of the product so they are motivated to buy.

Babybug Nursery Decor - A luxury boutique 2022-12-20 01-08-54.png
3. Add a form in the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
4. Testimonials are a good way to increase the trust and will influence the purchasing decision. Also, provide the customers' full name, and profile photo of them to add authenticity and credibility.
5. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

Babybug Nursery Decor - A luxury boutique 2022-12-20 01-08-05.png
6. Add average ratings for each product
Including both user rating and number of ratings on the products will help users to make decision whether to buy your product or not.
7. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
8. Add Blogging in the store
Blogging is an amazing way to drive traffic to your website and increase your SEO. The more your blog, the more content the search engines have to crawl and index. This means they can easily recognize that your site is a resource of information for people to access.

Also, I did a https://flareai.co Instant FOG on your store. Customers searching on Google are only able to find 8% of your site. The remaining 92% is missing from Google.

To get Found on Google, you have to consider submitting the store sitemap or a submit to index request on a regular basis. It can take time for Google to index your pages.

I would suggest you to try flareAI. We created flareAI to grow your store on Google, Bing and other major sales channels. As a partner, flareAI will submit your products to the free sales channels on a daily basis. Once your product is found on the channel, customers will keep finding your product day after day. flareAI will help to scale your site sustainably at NO added Staffing expenses, NO Pay-per-click, NO paid marketplaces.

If you found the answer helpful consider supporting the Shopify Community by giving it a Like + Accept the solution.

Gina
flareAI

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing
Babybug
Excursionist
23 0 5

Are there any apps or ways to import product reviews? I don't have any sales so I don'r have any reviews. 

Babybug
Excursionist
23 0 5

https://babybugnursery.com 

I feel like the only big thing I'm missing is reviews. And since I am a new store I don't have any. 

MarkDodgson
Shopify Partner
21 0 3

Hey Babybug, I just took a look at your site and it does look really nice. I also think you have some really great products. I think it's important that you put a social media and marketing plan together.

Are you currently trying to promote your brand? Or are you trying to promote specific products, categories or promotions?

Consider things like:

• Who are your customers
  • What would interest your customers (ie. What topics, products, messaging would attract people who see your ads to want to click on them.)
  • what platforms are they using (ie. Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
  • What products are popular right now
  • Consider how might be able to build a community around your brand

Once you have a good idea of these types of items, It's about being consistent and listening to your visitors, followers, customers.

Lastly, 45 days is not a long time. Think about flyers that get distributed to your home. They come week after week. Stores that provide flyers don't expect you to read every flyer they deliver. They expect that they will be there for you once you're ready to take a look. Consistency is the key.

Based on the marketing plan you put together, you can tailor your site to have great landing pages for your products, product categories and promotions. Personalize this experience as much as possible. Customers want to feel valued.

I know this doesn't solve your challenges in the short term. I would say keep researching, and putting in the time. It will pay off 🙂 

Babybug
Excursionist
23 0 5

Thanks so much. A much better answer than the generic "use a sticky heading", "add a pop up" etc. etc. 

Have a good day!

MarkDodgson
Shopify Partner
21 0 3

Advertising and marketing can be challenging. I would agree with much of what has been said from others on this thread. I would just like to throw out one more thing to consider. If you do know who your audiences is (even the audience segments), then creating a personalized experience for each of those groups could help lead to conversions. Customers want to feel valued and understood.

We recently launched an app called "Context" on the marketplace. It helps people like you create personalized experiences for your customers. Essentially, it lets you display the right content, to the right customers at the right time, by using rules to trigger the changes.

For example you may want to display a promotion to customers from Denver, Colorado between a certain data range OR show a promotion to visitors from Seattle, Washington, when the rain is forecasted in the next 7 days. 

You can also change content on your store based on UTM parameters. This could prove to be useful as you advertise on Google and Facebook.

We've launched with 4 rule types, but many more are planned over the coming months.

1. UTM parameters (ie. display blocks based on campaign parameters).
  2. Date Range (great for time based promotions)
  3. Geo Location (only show to customers from specific locations)
  4. Weather (only show block if the weather is "X" for the customer)

Many customers expect a more authentic, personalized experience now. This is one way to start offering that. Let me know if you'd like to learn more. Happy to chat 🙂