I need help. I don't know what I'm doing...

PPBoston
1 0 0

So about a year ago, I decided to take a risk and started working fulltime on a grassroots plastic recycling workshop business idea, which has been a huge dream of mine. I decided to try and build a sort of "passive" income stream that would help bring in some revenue so I designed a cool graphic, I think, put it on some merch with a printful/shopify store and made a few sales through family & friends but I know very, very, little of SEO, click funnels, marketing, or even building website etc. and haven't made any more sales. 

Tell me what you think!        www.ppboston.earth 

I also have very little money to put towards fb ads and stuff, but.....to be frank, I really need to make some sales fast. I really hate being that guy, but no seriously, I need some sales.

I don't know where else to go. Can anyone help?

Replies 3 (3)
Niki_K
Shopify Partner
218 24 64

Hi @PPBoston,

regarding your store, I would definitely think of these things:

• Design and template of your store – I would definitely change the design and overall the layout of the store. It's too old-fashioned to me. Recycable and eco products are very discussed and kind a "modern" thing these days if you understand what I mean. So, I think that a design with a modern twist would suit the store more. 
  • The layout of the product pages – the images are too big, the add to cart and buy now buttons are on the left side down under the products, which doesn't look that natural. 
  • Machines, sustainable living – these pages are under construction, it doesn't give a good impression. 
  • The logo – again, too old-fashioned to me

And regarding the marketing, there are more channels and tactics you can use for your store. Even if you don't have budget for paid ads, there are other ways. You can start working on your SEO (titles, meta descriptions, alt text, keywords analysis, content, link-building...), or building your presence on social media (FB, Instagram), partnering with some other websites, getting to know the eco, recyclable audience by getting to this community, participating in relevant talks, conferences, and else...Really, many things you can do for your store. 

Hope this helps!

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit nikikozak.me
Boost_Commerce
Excursionist
14 0 18

This is Boost Product Filter & Search - a solution that grows more sales for online stores by letting shoppers find the right products within milliseconds. As a Shopify Partner who is trusted by over 11,000 merchants, I would like to provide my recommendation.

After having a look at your online store, we think that you should focus on the following factors to improve your business: 

1. Product copy that sells - write compelling headlines that catch attention focus on the product benefits that help consumers solve their problems, win brand trust by adding testimonials (social proof)
  2. Set up an appealing and user-friendly website: use high-quality visual elements, customize font and text sizes, make your site navigation simple and straightforward so that shoppers can find the products easily, make your search bar visible and in the same position on every page, embed your branded content and social media accounts. 
  3. Shipping strategy - some vital things a store owner should know: Who pays for shipping? Will you offer free shipping or flat rate shipping? Also, do you plan to offer international shipping? Shipping rates and methods: this depends on several factors, including package size, package weight, origin and destination countries, carrier, and additional shipping options (trạcking, insurance). Hence, you should consider all options to pick those giving you the best price-to-value ratio.
  4. As you have a low budget, we think you can take advantage of email marketing, backend sales & upselling, social media marketing. 

To figure out what works for your business, you need to measure all of them. Also, try to focus on and become familiar with these key performance indicators (KPI): 

1. Conversion rate
  2. Bounce rate 
  3. Click-through-rate (CTR)
  4. Average order value 
  5. Shopping cart abandonment rate
  6. Customer lifetime value

Some analytics tools that we recommend are Google Analytics, Shopify Analytics, collection and search analytics. 

This is all we have to say, if my answer helped you, please like and accept it as a solution! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boost Commerce - Boosting sales for over 10,000 active merchants Check out our articles for more tips on CRO and UI/UX, and guidelines to see how you can optimize navigation and product findability to boost sales. Want to see how our app works? Take a look at our video resources
Website | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

UpPromote
Shopify Partner
87 2 15

Hi @PPBoston,

This is UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing - We are the no.1 Affiliate marketing on Shopify app store.

I am happy here to share some experience and suggestions for your online store. And I truly hope that they are useful and helpful for you in improving your sales performance. 

I totally you are just starting your business. Firstly, congratulation for your first step. It would be hard at the beginning. Most other business would be same as you when beginning, and now they are successful. So be patient!

1. Your online store

I have just taken a quick look at your website. The plus points are:

• The layout of the page is clear.
  • The information of each product is clear and detailed.

Here are some suggestions you can consider to improve:

• You should divide your products into different categories. So customers will easily find different types/ colors of the products they are looking for.
  • You also have product review from your existing customers. That will help make your brand, products more reliable and attractive.
  • In the footer, you should add some information such as "Contact us", "About us", and some social channel you are connecting to (Facebook, Instagram). You should sell your products in different social channels and link them to your website. 
  • Add CTA such "View more", "Add to cart", "Buy it now" for each product.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 15.54.06.png

2. Marketing strategy

Increase Shopify sales with popup promotions

Popups are a great way to draw your customers’ attention towards these promotions and offers. 

Some people believe that popups can be pesky, driving customers away. This might be true for those who are using them incorrectly. But when done in the right way at the right time, popups can lead to the conversion of 40%  of your store’s visitors into customers. All you need is the right Shopify app to increase sales.

You can create your popup whenever a customer go in to your shop. That would be % discount for first customer, or special offer for Happy Sunday, etc.

UpPromote_0-1632906213457.png

Using affiliate marketing

Obviously, you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time. Affiliate marketing could be a good option for you. Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which allows you to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. You only need to pay affiliate commission whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

The advantages of affiliate Marketing compared with other methods

1. Low investment but high cost effective

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

In fact, whereas a poor marketing campaign that sends you low quality results will still need to be paid for, even if you make no sales. However, affiliate marketing ensures your marketing is cost effective and helps to reduce the risk of “leaking out” money for an uncertain market. 

2. Make extra income

The main advantage of affiliate marketing is that the income is entirely performance-based. This is because affiliates are only paid a commission when a purchase has taken place. That means if the affiliates have an ineffective campaign, it won’t affect your budget. 

The affiliates understand that driving huge traffic of potential customers will help to increase sales conversion. For this reason, the affiliates will spend much effort to build effective social platforms, promotion or boosting posts of your products in a better way to attract customers. The more efficiently they work, the more commission they generate, and the more sales you earn. 

UpPromote_1-1632906343175.png

3. Brand Awareness

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

4. SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

5. Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

How to publish your affiliate registration on your menu bar?

You can add the affiliate registration form on the shop menu, so any visitors who visit your site can easily approach your affiliate campaign.

Your affiliate can create an account and log in right in your shop, which is really simple and convenient.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 15.54.06.png

I hope my recommendation will be helpful for you. If you are still looking for a marketing tool to boost your sales greatly, I hope you can try our product: UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing 

If these feedbacks are valuable and helpful, kindly give us a "Like" or mark it as a solution. Be patient with your business and good luck!

All the bests,

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing