Solved

Influencer Discount Code - how long should the code run for?

Kristy40
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi

I am doing my first campaign with a youtube influencer. It's exciting, but daunting!

I am just drawing up the proposal... I am allowing them to give their followers 30% off with a coupon code for one specific product on my site, and then I am giving the influencer a 25% commission from the sale price (does this sound reasonable?).

The problem is, eventually I want to advertise that product at 50% off on my site BUT if the coupon is running at the same time as my sale, it would end up giving the people who use their coupon 80% off... because they could use their coupon to take an ADDITIONAL 30% off... which would make my product below cost price. No thanks! 

Is there a way you can run a coupon code without it doing this? 

Or... , would you normally say to the influencer their followers have an expiry date for the code from time of publishing it? Ie - 30 days before code expires, so in the meantime if I want to do my own sale for 50% off I can create that code somewhere else and have the influencer using their code, and me using my own code...  and leave the product at full price?

My only concern is if I do this, will the influencer get upset if I say the code expires say after 30 days, but they keep sending traffic to my site after that time frame, and even continue to give me a sale or two (without the code because it would be expired). How do we get around this... I would love anyones suggestions as to how they do influencer campaigns please 🙂 

Sorry for so many questions in one message... but I am new to this and am kind of winging it as I go! It's a bit hard though when you start winging it and an outsider (the influencer) is brought into the mix. So I really want to get it right. 

Thanks in advance for your answers! 

Accepted Solution (1)
Level_3_Expert
Trailblazer
147 9 12

This is an accepted solution.

You are welcome,

if it helped you please mark this as a solution and feel free to contact us for any shopify related services

The Leader Media, Shopify Agency for Brands
Hire Us- Email: support@theleadermedia.com, WhatsApp: +917012490592 - Skype: live:197268f709e05aec

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Level_3_Expert
Trailblazer
147 9 12

The best way is to keep the full price on the site and create two coupon codes for 30% off and 50% off. and you can give a condition on coupon codes that these coupon codes cannot combine with other coupon codes, so nobody can buy this product with 80% off. You can give 30% code to your influencers and use 50% code on your ads

Hire Us- Email: support@theleadermedia.com, WhatsApp: +917012490592 - Skype: live:197268f709e05aec
Kristy40
Visitor
2 0 1

Thankyou, that makes sense... 🙂

Level_3_Expert
Trailblazer
147 9 12

This is an accepted solution.

You are welcome,

if it helped you please mark this as a solution and feel free to contact us for any shopify related services

munimfaiz007
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Is there any permanent solution for this?? instead of putting two codes can I apply a discount code on full price instead of compare at price?