FROM CACHE - en_header

Is free Pinterest ecommerce traffic still possible?

brightlife
Excursionist
21 0 2

Hello, older blogs and YouTube videos claimed that significant free traffic for an ecommerce store could be generated by patiently building a Pinterest account over 6-12 months, making pins from product page images. So far, it hasn't worked for me.

I'm wondering if there is still hope for me to use Pinterest as a way to get free traffic to my ecommerce store. I have been hit hard financially. I can't afford to risk money by using paid ads. Generating free traffic from Pinterest was my whole hope for getting traffic to my Shopify store. If steady and patient work at building my Pinterest account has little or no chance of success due to changes in how Pinterest operates then I see no choice other than to close my store.

Is attaining significant free Pinterest traffic for an ecommerce store still a realistic goal?

Thank you!

Reply 1 (1)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2881 402 1751

Hi @brightlife

From my own experience, Pinterest is still a thing if you can still get free traffic from Pinterest. But before jumping into what the so-called expert said, you need to understand Pinterest Demographics: 

71% of Pinterest users are females. 35% of Pinterest users are 35-49 years old. 34% of Pinterest users are 18-29 years old. 16% of Pinterest users are male. They subscribe/pin images in the top 10 niches: 

• Home Décor.
  • Art.
  • Travel.
  • Photography.
  • DIY and Crafts.
  • Design.
  • Technology.
  • Quotes.

So if the target audience of your products belongs to these demographic, or overlaps with Pinterest's target audience, you get a higher chance to get free traffic. If not, it can be more difficult. 

Another thing about Pinterest is that it's branded as a combination of search engine and social media - so making pins from product page images is not enough, you must optimize The Title and the descript etc, so that Pinterest search engine can discover your pin and recommend to its users - the same mechanism as Google. you can check out this guide: https://neilpatel.com/blog/pinterest-seo/ 

And since Pinterest also functions as a social media platform, bite-size videos are preferred. People watch closely to 1 billion videos a day on Pinterest. So you can try mixing your image pins with video pins to see how it works out for you. 

Let me know if my answer is of any help to you, with a thumb-up 😄 

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online.