Items Not Publishing To Google

chantal-erikd
5 0 0

I have many items that are not publishing to Google Products. The error is missing MPN or GTIN. There is a GTIN (UPC) set under barcode. All are marked as not custom products, and I don't see a difference in setup from a product that publishes and one that doesn't. Is there another place to check?

Thank you

Replies 5 (5)
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @chantal-erikd 

Use the identifier_exists attribute: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324478?hl=en

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
mrsmac1908
Tourist
4 0 1

Is the "identifier_exist" only for custom items? My items aren't custom and I am having the same issue. 

chantal-erikd
5 0 0

Hello,

My items are not custom and do have barcodes. Some of them publish ok, and some do not. Always with error of missing GTIN. Should I set all in Google to no for identifier exists, even if it is on my shopify product data?

Thank you,

Erik

DanaC
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. Has anyone figured this out? I have hundreds of items with a "Gtin is required for this product" publishing error where a barcode for the product already exists. 

sampymishra
Shopify Partner
135 3 15

AdNabu's Google Shopping Feed app for Shopify automatically maps GTIN from Shopify to Google Merchant Center. AdNabu uses Barcode in Shopify as GTIN in Google Shopping. If your barcode is not properly formatted or is longer/shorter than Google's requirements, You will see an error in Google Merchant Center.

The only way to fix this error is to change the Barcode field in Shopify.

You can also get in touch with our experts and request a demo. 

Hope this helps.

Sampy Mishra | Customer Success Manager @ AdNabu

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

- Try our Google Shopping Feed App from Shopify App Store.