Looking for Q and A ideas to add to my FAQs page. I'm having a hard time thinking of anymore.

Ankeranth
7 0 0

So basically, I am dropshipping my product(s) and my supplier hasn't provided me with enough details about the product to make tons of Q and As on my FAQs page for, so I will need to come up with Q and As that I can actually answer. So far, all I have is one asking where the product(s) are being shipped from and who is paying import tax.

I have added all important product information on my site too, and I have all shipping times, refund and privacy policies covered too on their own pages.

If you have any suggestions on what I should include in my FAQs page, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Michal17
Shopify Partner
820 73 143

Hi @Ankeranth 

Hope you're having a great day!

You should check out competitors' FAQs, product reviews for your items or items in your niche, and forums like Reddit or Quora to see what types of questions people are asking.

There are common questions for each industry. Here are some of the big ones for eCommerce:

• What is the return policy?
  • What are the shipping options?
  • What are the international taxes, duties, etc. that I have to pay?
  • When will I receive my order?
  • What do I do if I never received my order?
  • What do I do if I received a defective order?
  • How do I make changes to an order I’ve already placed?
  • Where are you located?
  • How is the product made? Where do the materials come from?
  • How do I make sure I order the right size?
  • How do I contact your company if my question isn’t answered here?

Some Great FAQ Examples

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 37 38

Hey, @Ankeranth!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community. It’s great to hear you are wanting to add an FAQ page to your website, think of a FAQ page as an automated customer support page or a simplified product manual. Your visitors can find their answers here all by themself without contacting your customer service!

Your goal is to gather all the common questions a customer will most likely ask such as:

• What methods of payment do you accept? - For example, PayPal and all major credit cards. You could also type something about Gift cards. Maybe you only want to accept Gift cards that are issued by your dropshipping store?

• What if I need to modify my order? - If you would like to add items to your existing order, please place an additional order. We do not store your payment information, so we cannot change the order.

• How do I cancel my order? - You can answer this with “orders cannot be canceled after they are placed”, or you can give your customers a time window of like 24 hours that they can cancel their order.

• Do you provide tracking information? - Yes, we will send you a tracking number via email once your order ships. If you haven’t received tracking info within 5 days, then please contact us.

• When will I receive my order? - You can check out our Shipping Policy here for all the latest information regarding shipping.

• I ordered multiple items but only received one. Where is the rest of my order? - We work with multiple global partners, so it can happen that your items are shipped separately; this is to speed up delivery. Don’t worry, you will get the items that you ordered.

I suggest you check out the FAQ page from this dropshipping store called Inspire Uplift, they are a perfect example of a successful general store. We also have a fantastic blog post right here that goes over another 10 store examples you could use for inspiration!

Here are some common tips for creating your FAQ page:

• Update it constantly. Keep looking at all the questions that you get from your potential and current customers. Are there any common patterns? Can you include any of these questions on your FAQ page? Don’t forget to update old questions and answers as well.

• Keep it short: Write short and precise questions with answers. This way, it’s easier to read through it all. You can even categorize your questions to organize your questions related to specific topics. For example, “Shipping & Delivery”, “My Existing Order”, and so on.

• Add links to other pages: This is a great tip if you can’t make the answer or the question short. You can link to other pages in your store. For example, if you explained a lot about how your refunds work in your “Refund Policy”, then you can link there.

At Shopify, what we really like about dropshipping is that it provides a lower-risk approach for independent businesses to test out new product ideas (and product lines) without having to own and pay for the product upfront. I suggest having a read of our ultimate guide to dropshipping for an in-depth look at this business model.

Let us know how you get on with the suggestions above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes