Lots of store views but no sales

Alex87575
Tourist
9 0 4

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I have had a lot of store viewers, they've stayed for a few minutes at most and then they're gone. No sales. I've got a great product, professional store, good ads, everything. What the hell am I supposed to do? What am I missing? lock-pal.store

Replies 5 (5)
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 67 89

Hi there, @Alex87575

Luna here from Shopify! Thanks for bringing your question to our Community forum. I completely agree, your storefront is looking wonderful. Great work so far. I'm happy to make some suggestions to improve your conversion rates. 

To gather a little bit more context, are you also getting lots of abandoned carts? For example, are your customers simply viewing the website and leaving or rather adding things to their basket but ultimately not purchasing them?

To better understand your customer behaviour while live on your storefront, you could consider using this app: 

• Better Replay: This app allows you to see a recording of shoppers’ sessions. You can see how they navigate and interact with your store, including what items they look at.  

Viewing your abandoned carts can be a great way to gain more insight into patterns that may suggest why your customers aren’t completing the order. I love this tool to see a recording of shoppers’ sessions. Doing this could help you find (and fix) potential areas viewers may be getting stuck and help reduce the number of abandoned carts on your site.

If it is the case that you are seeing lots of abandoned carts, you can also set up automatic email notifications to be sent to the customer to remind them about their cart (some merchants will also offer a discount incentive). To learn more about that check out our help document: Automatically email a customer a link to their abandoned checkout

If you are seeing lots of traffic with low conversions, it is also important to consider your conversion rate optimization. At every step of your customers’ purchasing journeys, there are new opportunities for you to make their paths shorter, easier, and more enjoyable. Through experimentation and analysis, you can fine-tune your website to push people closer to making a purchase. This is an awesome Shopify Blog on Improving CRO - definitely worth the read. 

Or, check out this Shopify blog post with more suggestions hereIn the meantime, I'd love to hear more about how you are currently marketing your product?

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Alex87575
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi,

Yes, I have had customers add to cart and then not go through with it and it is extremely annoying that I don't know why. In fact, I closed my store completely yesterday because I just give in. Clearly it was very stupid of me to think I could get successful on here. 

I watched customers from that app you sent me and they literally just scrolled up and down once or twice and then nothing happened. 

Some said add more products as this is a one product store but you don't need more than 1 product to geta lot of sales. 

I have no faith or hope in this business anymore. I give in. Thanks anyway.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @Alex87575

Below are some ways to get sales on Shopify:

• Run paid ads targeting the right audience.
  • For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. Some of the best Shopify apps for email marketing automation:  AiTrillion (all in one ecommerce marketing app), Omnisend.
  • Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. Some of the best Shopify apps for customer engagement tools: LoyaltyLion,  AiTrillion.
  • Automate your store as much as you can.

Hope you found suggestions helpful!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Alex87575
Tourist
9 0 4

Who do I target? I have tried many audiences and got nothing 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Okay, I understand. Regarding ads, you can get the help of some digital marketing expert on this. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.