Marketing Shopify Store to Customers- overwhelming

elissamarcus
4 0 0

We have been using Shopify for over a year, however, I really don't think we have been using it as it should from a marketing perspective.  I feel like I need someone to help me understand what is available for us to market our brand/store to the customer.   You sign up for Shopify and then you are on your own to figure it out.   I wish I could find someone to explain all the features and how to use the "Marketing" piece of Shopify.   What are other stores/brands to bring in customers etc..?  I feel like we are missing the mark.   Who can I speak with to help us???

Replies 9 (9)
Solutions1
Trailblazer
122 12 29

Hello Elissamarcus!

Shopify is great platform to sell your products by designing unique store that will make customer user experience easy I have launched more than 20 shopify stores start up and make them successful over the period through proven winning digital marketing strategy

Once you create store on shopify the next how you execute your winning digital marketing strategy and I am pro in it.

Can give you a complete consultation on shopify store

Feel Free to reach US

Thanks

Solution1

alex_marketlabs
Tourist
3 0 2

You can always hire an agency or freelancer on a site like Upwork.

Depending on what types of products you are selling, how competitive your category is, etc — I typically advise Ecommerce stores start with Google Shopping (you will need a Google Merchant Center account and Shopify Feed App to do this) and Facebook / Instagram ads.

Judithmg
Shopify Partner
241 1 26

Building a Shopify store is an easy and intuitive process, but once you have finished your store you will be wondering: “How do I attract customers to my store?”If that’s the case, you are in the right place!  There are multiple reasons why you should be on Google Shopping  and why it is one of the best tools that Google has developed for the ecommerce world. One reason in particular is that it has a higher conversion rate compared to other Google Ads campaigns such as Search or Display! 

You can also carry out a SEO strategy. SEO allows your store to climb up the SERP ranking (Search Engine Result Pages), which is crucial when growing your store in this digital age. Imagine your online store sells blue shoes and your shop appears as one as the first options every time someone searches for “Blue Shoes,” this means that you are getting a ton of traffic and conversions for free!

So, a combination of SEO and SEM is best choice! 

If you dont anything about Google Ads and you want to make easier your life...

You can automate and optimize your paid advertising, this Google Ads and Shopping free Shopify app does it for you.

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
226 24 66

Hi @elissamarcus,

I totally understand that it’s very difficult to start with marketing. With so many platforms, channels and marketing tactis being on the market, it’s not easy to choose the right ones for your store.

First of all, I would definitely start with stating your brand, what products you’re selling, what are the benefits (functional and emotional), who your target audience is, how this audience behave, where your audience is, what they like, what’s your USP…

Then, I would state your main goals and strategy how to achieve them (such as: we need to increase our sales by x % this year — we will do it by getting new customers, the tactics are: e.g. promoting our products online using paid ads and offering first purchase discounts…)

OR our goal is to increase our brand awareness — (state some metrics), we will achieve this by being active on social media, the tactics are — we will use Instagram and find influencers for our products…)

By doing this, you will narrow down the many opportunities out there and will concentrate on what’s important for your business.

Setting up FB campaigns one day, switching them off the other day, or gaining follow for follow on IG, it’s not something what would work in the long run.

Nowadays, there are many tactics and channels you can use for your Shopify store — from SEO, to paid ads, content marketing, email marketing, social media, influencer marketing, and else…Besides, you can also think of some more or less offline activities if it makes sense to your business

Let me know if you would like to elaborate on this issue more.

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit nikikozak.me
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1951 271 1449

Hi there, 

To start with any marketing tactic, try not to focus on which marketing channel you're taking or whether you need SEO or SEM or Facebook Ads/Google Ads, think about who your customers are, what their pain points are, where they usually hang out, from them, try to reach out to them, provide value, and meet them where they are. 

For example, if you're selling Pet Products, your customers must be pet lovers who are active on Social Media and Tiktok, so you can start with finding FB communities for cat and dog lovers, reach out to people, send them your products for free in exchange for word of mouth (viral marketing) or reviews that you can use to build trust. 

The marketing channels are only as good as the strategy itself, so think about your customer's buying journey first, then the marketing channels later.  That being said, these are the most popular marketing channels: 

• Pinterest Marketing 
  • Instagram marketing
  • Influencer Marketing
  • Content Marketing (Blog Post, Vlog, Video Review) 
  • Tiktok Marketing
  • Google Shopping
  • Google Search Ads
  • Google Display Ads
  • Facebook Ads 
  • Email Outreach 
  • PR Marketing 
  • Partnership Marketing
  • Referral Marketing

You can also check out this website: https://www.first1000.co/welcome - where you can read case studies about How the world most popular brand (like Tinder, Stripe, Morning Brew) got their first 1000 customers. 

Let me know if my answer is of any help, with a thumb up or like  

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

elissamarcus
4 0 0

Hi There!

We did for months and it cost us more for the monthly rate for the agency fee and then the ads on top of it!  We didn't generate enough sales to cover the cost.  I gave them 6 months!

Honestly, I don't know what to do at this point.  

elissamarcus
4 0 0
The woman that I used was a freelancer...and it was pricey...I wish I could
learn how to do this myself.
elissamarcus
4 0 0
Hi,
Thank you for your post. However, I have been down this road before and
paid for marketing help and it cost me a fortune with no increase in
sales. I am sorry, but I am gun shy.
arevsmith
2 0 0