Meta Description And Title Not Showing On Google

Melkalinetrio
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there! Up until recently google displayed my meta description and upon checking it just shows what appears to my navigation? Also the picture displayed is different, too. I just came back from a few months “pause” and closed the shop, could this be why? 

Thanks in advance! 

Replies 4 (4)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 953

Hi @Melkalinetrio,

Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community with your question!

There are many situations where Google Search won’t display your title tag or meta description. Here are a few potential scenarios:

• The title or meta description you specified isn’t relevant to the search query.
  • The title or meta description you specified is too short or too long.
  • The title or meta description you specified is not an accurate reflection of what your page is really about.
  • There are multiple occurrences of a title or meta description specified in your HTML code.
  • You haven’t specified a title or meta description. 

After checking the list and adjusting your title and meta description, ask Google to recrawl your URLs so the changes can be displayed. Please refer to this guide: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/ask-google-to-recrawl

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as SOLUTION.

banned
Melkalinetrio
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi! I’m not sure how to find the multiple titles and and meta description.
I set all titles/descriptions via preferences in Shopify.

Can my theme be the culprit?
AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 953

Hi,

The title and meta description in preferences are only for your Homepage. You need to check the title and meta description in each product, collection, blog spot, and page.

banned

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @Melkalinetrio,

if you've written titles and meta descriptions for your pages and products and still Google shows something different, I'm afraid it's happening because of Google's started rewriting the titles and meta descriptions to better suit the search queries. 

I've written a short article about this issue. If interested, here's the link: https://www.nikikozak.me/marketing/2021/07/25/titles-metadescriptions/

This might have also happened because of the "pause". So, I would rewrite the titles and meta descriptions so that they're up to date and submit the site for recrawl. It might take Google up to days and weeks before you see the changes.

Hope this helps!

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.