Solved

Multiple Facebook domain verifications

SleevesSold
Tourist
4 0 0

So I got an error message that something was wrong with my Facebook when trying to publish a new ad. I followed the steps in this article. Since it looks like I have to wait a while for it to sync back up I have one concern:

Where my domains are verified in FB, I have the main store domain, mystore.com verified and it matches Shopify primary domain. However, unlike the article, I have my Shopify domain my-shopify-store.com also verified. IIRC the only reason I did this was Shopify guided me to do so at the time. 

However, the article says I shouldn't have that verified (or at least not primarily). I just want to make sure it's okay to have both verified like that and that it won't further delay my FB/Shopify connection working again. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SleevesSold,

From my experience, verifying one domain — primary domain — is enough. You don’t need to verify yourstore.myshopify domain (if it’s a subdomain to your primary domain, there’s redirect your primary domain by default).

So, no need to do this and if you do so, it may cause some problems with the verification because you’re not verifying your primary domain.

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SleevesSold,

From my experience, verifying one domain — primary domain — is enough. You don’t need to verify yourstore.myshopify domain (if it’s a subdomain to your primary domain, there’s redirect your primary domain by default).

So, no need to do this and if you do so, it may cause some problems with the verification because you’re not verifying your primary domain.

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
SleevesSold
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you! I'm going to remove it from verification just to stop any potential confusion.