My Facebook page got restricted from advertising.

Manos50
Tourist
8 0 1

Can I create a new page with the same name and start advertising again?

My other accounts are doing fine, no restriction at all (ad account, business account, personal account).

Replies 4 (4)
Niki_K
Shopify Partner
291 28 81

Hi @Manos50,

as far as I know, you can't create a page with the same name. You will need to use e.g. some signs, add a word, use .com/.xxx or use your Instagram handle to create a completely new name.

Firstly, I would try to get your page back – request review of the page. You might be asked to provide your identity (sending a copy of your ID). It depends on you if you want to do it or not. If not, then creating a new page is the only way to go. 

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit nikikozak.me
Manos50
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you for your reply.

I sent a request 2 days ago and didn't work. It was my fault, I spent so much time on trying ads but forgot to take care of my page.

What I want to know is .. Does Facebook actually allow me to create a new page to replace my old page that got restricted?

Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 55 74

Hello @Manos50!

As was already mentioned by @Niki_K , it is important that you first look into why your page was restricted from advertising in the first place. This is important because even if you go to create the same page again, you're likely to run into the same issue since you won't know what to change. 

I have a link from the Facebook Help Centre which gives some reasons as to why your account may have been restricted. This is in case you're not able to request a review of the page and you would like to create a new one - this way you will be able to follow the guidelines and make any changes necessary to avoid getting restricted again.

As an alternative, if you're still having issues with Facebook Ads, you could look into running Google Ads instead. I have a course for you from our Shopify Compass on Google Advertising. It is very informative, it will teach you how to set up and also how to make the most of the ads there.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me here.

Thanks! -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - / Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
291 28 81

Hi @Manos50,

the reply from Facebook might take up to days. So, I would rather wait a couple of days. It's always better to request review and discuss the issue why your page has been restricted. 

Sure, you can create a new page. Here is a link for it: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create/. Then, I would suggest connecting the page with your IG account and with BM. However, it might also happen that this newly created page will be restricted since FB has already restricted the previous page. You can give it a try but be prepared that it might happen once more. 

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit nikikozak.me