Can someone offer networking and marketing tips for my new Shopify business?

Furbabys
Visitor
2 0 2

I just opened my online business, furrbabys.com and Im not having much luck in getting traffic. Can someone please help me and give me some pointers on networking and marketing. I would surly appreciate any advice given!

Replies 7 (7)

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @Furbabys ,

By tapping into free sources of traffic, you’ll start generating a good amount of sales on your Shopify store. You can follow the below strategies to drive traffic to your Shopify store.

1. Optimize your shopify store for search engine traffic
One way to optimize your store is by adding Keywords which are the search terms that people use with the search engines and will be what guide you in your search engine optimization. Once you gather all relevant keywords that are relevant to your product and your niche market, begin using them all throughout your website like in Product Titles, Product Descriptions, Alt Tags on Images, and any other additional content.
2. Attract customers with content marketing
Just like your product descriptions will help attract visitors to your Shopify site, so will any other content on your website. A simple paragraph at the bottom of each category page with a lot of keywords that are likely used on search engines will do the trick.
3. Write guest posts for sites within your niche
The websites on the top of the search engine results pages likely have a lot of other websites linking to them. The more links pointing to your website, the better. Rather than wait for other websites to direct traffic to you through a link, it is easiest to offer to write a guest post for other blogs within your niche.
4. Write blog post features of influencers in your market
Another way to get more links and increase traffic to your online shop is by writing a blog post that features influencers in your niche market.
5. Integrate social media
Integrate social media in your website to receive all of the new traffic on social media.
6. Showcase your products with powerful text, images, and video
Your product description should be detailed and evocative. Include vital product specifications as well as a powerful story about the product. Commerce is built on great storytelling.

It is an amazing strategy for gaining visibility for your brand and ultimately increasing sales without having to rely so heavily on doling out money for a large marketing budget. You will get more organic sales when your products are found on free sales channels like Google Search and you will start getting order conversions for virtually zero cost. flareAI is a bot, so unlike a traditional stuff you don't need to do a thing. Apps & tools need you to learn skills, hire people and dedicate time to get stuff done. Bot is different, it does stuff for you saving you time & expense. flareAI works every day for you, tapping into Google Search and 20+ of world's best & biggest free sales channels.

Hope this was helpful,

Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing

vinods
Shopify Partner
846 15 93

Hi @Furbabys 

Before you spend money on your marketing methods i would honestly suggest you fix the website, make it a bit more professional

The colors are very dark

On product page the product gallery is not working correctly there

Add a contact page and about page too.

Let me know any questions, would be happy to help.

Vinod Sachdev
Digital Centrics
Digital Marketing Manager
Google & Bing Ads | Website Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization

SarahF_Shopify
Community Manager
210 7 95

You've had some great suggestions already provided. Here are a few additional resources you can consider for strategy planning at this stage: 

https://www.shopify.ca/blog/how-to-increase-website-traffic

https://www.shopify.ca/blog/organic-marketing

https://www.shopify.ca/blog/make-your-first-sale

All the best!

Sarah | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Growave
Shopify Partner
1638 58 452

Hi @Furbabys 

Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would help.

Home Page

• Add Sticky Menu. Keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website will make your online shop more user-friendly.
  •   Colour. Consider updating colours of your store for User Interface.
  • Include chatbot for providing support. In case of any questions regarding accessories/sizing/delivery, you can easily answer them.
  • Add more sections to Menu. For example, New Arrivals, Featured Collection, Rewards, About US etc.

Collection Page

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Testimonials have the ability to increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Collected reviews can be demonstrated through Review Tab / Widget.t.png

image.png

• Add Loyalty and Rewards program. The Loyalty and Rewards program  helps to strengthen direct communication between you and your audience. Also, it positively impacts repeat purchases and turns your customers into loyal clients. Within the L&R program you can include: Collecting points and Referral programs.

• Collecting Points

Motivate customers to spend more and act by using the points program. Increase engagement with your community by rewarding customers with convertible points on your Shopify store with activities like rewarding for leaving reviews, social following, social sharing, or for every dollar they spend. 

• Referral program

I recommend using a Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Encourage your customers to help grow your brand community using the referral program. Also, I strongly recommend you implement Rewards/Loyalty system. It positively impacts repeat purchases and turns your customers into loyal clients. Within the L&R program you can include: Collecting points and Referral program.

POS-integration.png

General

• Increase traffic.  SEO your site and promote it through related groups. Keywords and ads will help to promote your website to the top.
  • Add more information in "About us" regarding your business, founders, and processes for customer trust. Showing your store visitors that you are real by putting your information, team or working process photos will add credibility to your store.

I hope it will help you. Also, you can test  Growave for free during trial period to check whether it works for you. Efficient features such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store, Gift Cards, etc under one dashboard.

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
405 20 58

Hi @Furbabys,

I think you should work on your SEO.
In addition, Shopify offers a variety of features and apps for SEO. Built-in features include editing title tags, alt text, meta descriptions, and URLs.

Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices. Crafting a responsive design that displays properly across all devices and is easy to navigate is vital in retaining visitors that land on your page.

Apply for a Google Shopping free listing. For ease of use, Shopify offers a plugin that syncs to your Google Merchant Center account to automatically check the eligibility of your products and put them up for free listings.

Use content marketing. Distributing it across different platforms generates curiosity around your brand and drives website traffic. The key is to outline your target audience and understand what kinds of content would peak their interest.

Use Google Ads. Tapping into Google vast network can have astounding results for driving traffic to your website.

Here https://whidegroup.com/blog/drive-traffic-to-shopify-store/ you can get full information about how to drive traffic to your Shopify store.

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
405 20 58

Hi @Furbabys,

At first, you should:
work on your SEO
apply for a Google Shopping free listing
reach your target audience via content marketing
use word-of-mouth marketing

Then you can try paid ads.
You can consider:
Google ads
Instagram ads
Facebook ads
reach out to influencers
try Ad Exchange
offline marketing

Here https://whidegroup.com/blog/drive-traffic-to-shopify-store/ you can get more details about how to drive traffic to your store.

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com

emilyallen
Excursionist
25 1 2

Hi, 

Congratulations on opening your new store! I’ve taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions. I would first recommend adding an “about us” section since it introduces customers to who you are as a company. It can effectively convey your team's values and how they might coincide with a potential customer's objectives. 

The second thing is to go for simplicity when designing your website. From what I observed, the color combination you choose for your website background and the words can seem too dark and striking, which can cause confusion to your visitors or negatively impact your customer shopping experience on your website. Maybe go for a brighter color for the background and a darker color for the words. 

There are some valuable tips to create advanced remarketing campaigns for your store: https://www.akohub.com/blog/3-tips-for-designing-an-advanced-retargeting-campaign-and-to-boost-your-...

Hope this was helpful and good luck with everything!