No Sales after 1 month Start.

Divya_Vangala
1 0 0

Hello, I have started www.divvanstore.com a month ago and working hard to bring traffic to my site. I am mostly promoting my page on instagram. There is some traffic but no sales. Can some one please review my website and provide me any suggestions on how to improve my site, what is lacking that is stopping me in having my sales. I know it's hard in the initial days but i want to do whatever it takes to make it grow consistently. Please advise. 

0 Likes
Ezra_Rufino
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey Divya,

I wouldn't get discouraged after just 1 month, I totally understand how it goes.  I have a few thoughts from a quick look over your site, and I'm sure there's so much more that you can be doing (there always is).

1. There is no mention of a free shipping or returns policy anywhere.  It would be good to let customers know if they can somehow get free shipping on their order, this really helps to encourage purchases.

2. When you land on your store, there is no Value Proposition.  When you first start your store, and nobody knows who you are, you need to tell them why they should purchase from YOU.  

For example, your main image on your homepage can promote you in some way, like:

FASHION MADE SIMPLE.

We have unique fashion accessories, from handbags to bracelets, that you won't find anywhere else.  + Get Free Shipping Over $50!

3. Your menu is in a little bit of an odd location, if users spend too much time looking for your menu, they'll just leave your site before they find what they're looking for.  I know it's a cool spot for it, but I would move it to a more traditional location in the header.  On smaller screens you're unable to even see the entire menu where it is place now. 

4. No description of the products, just a list.  Adding some personality on each product page is going to make a big difference.  Simply listing out characteristics of a product won't sell it, you need to tell your customers why they need this item!  It takes some work, but if you can write good descriptions, then you will increase your sales. 

Good luck with your store!  Keep putting your effort into it and you will do great. 

I'm sure there are many other things I could help you with, hit me up at shopifyconsultants.co, if you'd like me to take a closer look and make some changes for you. 

Have a great weekend!

0 Likes
Jarrett
Shopify Partner
117 0 12

Hey guys if you are looking for more free information on digital marketing checkout my facebook page www.Facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau I have done a few million on online sales over the last few years and don't charge anything for my content. I got fed up with all of these coaches scamming you guys for $5000 for a program that "makes you money" so I decided I will post all of my knowledge for free for you guys! My back ends are all on shopify and I show all of my numbers! Hopefully this helps!

You guys are buying programs from people who haven't done anything. They don't show you thier numbers or anything all they do is rent a lambo and air bnb a house... Check out my page im just starting it up and will be posting daily if all goes well! www.facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau 

0 Likes
Gmdesign
2 0 0

Your site looks to confusing, menus should be on the top

0 Likes
elsahelps
10 0 0

Hi Divya,

Accessories really need good marketing to get sales. If I was you, I would try www.elsahelps.com so your marketing focuses on the right people. 

0 Likes
Roger_Saenz5
4 0 0

What I was able to see is that i didn't understand your store, when you're a small store you have to become laser focus on your target to make profit and am not being able to see that with your store, the main problem could actually be on targeting, you should sit down for an hour or two to really niche down what you want to sell and to what kind of people, but really reduce your target market if you want to make profit.

0 Likes
Rock_Paper_Copy
Shopify Partner
1017 0 111

Hi, Divya! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

Your store looks excellent, it just needs few finishing touches.

• Shipping policy - add more information here with your delivery rates clearly displayed at the top. Specify how soon the item is shipped after the order and how long is the typical delivery. Do you ship worldwide or only within your country? The more information you include, the more people will feel assured to purchase from you [trust signals have got a great impact on the conversion rate]. Also, Google prefers longer pages, so adding more content will help you rank better in Google.
  • Returns - make sure to add more content here, with your policy detailed and clear instructions how to return an item. Remember to optimize each page for the search engines. Please watch this video tutorial How to SEO your Shopify Pages now: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/video-tutorials.html
  • Contact us - add this page with 1-2 sentences and a short CTA in order to connect with the visitors and prompt to take action [get in touch]. It’s a recommended practice to always guide your online visitors on every step of the way, and don’t leave them guessing about the next step [adding few sentences, such as “Contact us below with any questions” will help you engage with potential customers and improve your conversion rate].
  • About us - this is also another great way to add a trust signal, so consider adding it as well. People buy from people, so adding a touch of personality to this page will help you improve your conversion rate. Make sure to optimize each page for the search engines. Please watch this video tutorial How to SEO your Shopify Pages now: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/video-tutorials.html
  • Blog - consider blogging regularly. It’s a great way to bring the most relevant traffic to your store and create a rapport with the potential shoppers. People buy from people, not from brands, so showing your personality and an expertise through the blog posts will have a major impact on your conversion rate [sales per visits].

SEO score: 45/100

• Consider improving your SEO first before working on getting more traffic, Your efforts can be jeopardized by Google, as your website is still not optimized to its standards. Here are some suggestions below:
  • Update your meta title and description - these values appear in the Google search results and are the first thing people see when they come across your site. Your website meta title is "DiVvaN”, and meta description is empty. Make sure to update these, and add CTA [call to action] and USP [unique selling point] to give visitors a good reason to click your store, and not your competitor’s, when they see your site in the search results. Consider also adding your best-performing keywords. These values appear in the Google search results and are the first thing people see when they come across your site.
  • H tags - you are currently using only H2, H3 and H6 tags within your content. Make sure to use them in the right order [H1-H2-H3-H4-H5] and include your key phrases within the tags to tell Google what each page is about. Make sure to use your key phrases when adding the H tags and other SEO elements - using your best performing keywords within these tags will help you drive more relevant traffic.
  • The word cloud detected that the words you currently rank for are: “Regular, Price, collapse”. Please make sure to add more content with plenty of your target keywords, to rank for the phrases that could drive the most relevant traffic.

After you optimize your store and improve SEO, make sure to work on getting the most relevant traffic to your store, in order to get the best conversion rate. Off-site SEO - backlinks, building authority in your niche, being found in the most relevant places - can help you drive the most relevant traffic.

Consider getting featured by the bloggers and influencers in your niche: work with the most relevant ones and ask them to review one of your products on their blog / Instagram profile. This is a great way to connect with potential customers, as these ‘online celebrities’ have got tens of thousands followers that value their feedback and recommendations. Make sure to analyze the Influencer’s profile and followers to establish if you have the same audience - whether their followers will be interested in the same style products you are offering. Only then you will get the best results. Please watch this video: Influencer Marketing - How to analyze the Influencer Profile.

Working with an influencer can bring almost immediate results and drive the most relevant traffic to your website, as you are being seen by thousands of new and potential customers. Read more here: Influencer Marketing.

If you would like to get more detailed and bespoke advice on how to drive the most relevant traffic to your website and connect with your target audience, please book your business consultation today: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/consultation.html

If you liked this website review and would like to receive feedback on your website, please order your Full website critique today:

http://www.rockpapercopy.com/critiques.html

Maggie Tuczapska

Rock Paper Copy

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

Skyrocket your traffic with Complete SEO package!

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Karan_Jassar
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hey Divya,

Congrats on starting your store. It is extremely important to set up a funnel initially and focus on the initial steps first. Right now your goal should be collecting more and more leads which will eventually result in conversions.

I had a look at your website and here’s what I think you should work on: 

1. About us: There is no About Us page on your website. Not only does it help build trust, but it’s also great for SEO. This article will help you with tips - About us 
  2. Product descriptions: as of now, you’ve just listed out the basic things about your product. But a customer would like to know why your product. What’s so special about your product. This is where conversions happen. So, it’s worth it to spend some time on descriptions. Take a look at this article for tips: Product descriptions
  3. Social media links: social media links also help build trust in the minds of a customer. They validate your presence. As a buyer, it makes me feel that if something were to go wrong, I can atleast write on the seller’s social channel. Include these links. And while you’re at it, make sure that they open in a new tab. 

Now about getting traffic to your website - you have two options:

1. Paid 
  2. Organic 

Paid : Since you’re just starting out, I’d suggest start with organic and then dive into paid traffic later. 

Social  media continues to stay one the best sources of referral traffic. But there is no point in spreading yourself too thin by trying to grow on all platforms. I’d suggest that you pick one and grow on that. Out of all channels, Instagram is one of the easier ones. 

All you need you is post great content with the right hashtags. 

Take a look at these articles for tips on content for Instagram: 

- 47 content ideas 

- Develop a theme on Instagram

For Hashtags, Use OrangeTwig’s hashtags research tool. Learn more about the tool here: Hashtag Research

OrangeTwig’s Insta-Success toolkit can help you drive traffic to your website from Instagram. Learn more about Insta-Success toolkit here.

I hope this helps

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes