Solved

Number of store visitors doesn't match clics on facebook ad

Steakpuree
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi everyone,

I made an ad a few days ago that is part of a funnel and whose objective is to bring visitors to my store, and I am pretty happy about its performance, with more than 1,5k clics on my link in just a few days. However, the number of visits shown in Shopify is much smaller (around 100), and I don't understand why. I don't think the link is broken, so is it possible that people leave before entering the website, or that I should use a different indicator ?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)
Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Steakpuree,

yes, I would change to landing page views. Sometimes, you need to create the campaign from scratch if you want to change the optimization.

However, you can just duplicate the campaign and before publishing it, change the optimization. You will save time. 🙂

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @Steakpuree,

what optimization are you using? Link clicks or landing page views? There’s a difference between these two optimizations, and hence the results are also different.

Link Clicks —  a user clicks the ad with the link but there’s no guarantee that the user visits your website (just click the link within the ad). The user might close the window/tab before the website loads.

Landing page views — a user visits your website. This means that they don’t leave the website before it’s loaded.

If you choose link clicks optimization, the ads will be delivered to people who are likely to click the ad while optimizing for landing page views will be targeted  at people with a high chance to visit your website. And therefore you can usually see a higher count of link clicks compared to landing page views.

Hope this helps!

For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
Steakpuree
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi @Niki_K, thank you for your answer !

My ad is optimized for clicks on link instead of landing page views. Since I would prefer to have less clicks but more visitors, should I then modify it for landing page views ?

Thanks again for your time.

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Steakpuree,

yes, I would change to landing page views. Sometimes, you need to create the campaign from scratch if you want to change the optimization.

However, you can just duplicate the campaign and before publishing it, change the optimization. You will save time. 🙂