Why is my Shopify store not making more sales?

foxpretty
Visitor
3 0 1

I have been opening my store  www.imprettycry.com for a month and I only got one sale.

The traffic is around 30-80 visitors per day, I have set up ig, fb page, also spent on ig, google ad around less than $10 per day

Anyone can tell me whats wrong with my site? I am sure the price of my products are not too high, and I think the site design isn' that bad??

Thanks guys

Replies 7 (7)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @foxpretty,

I’ve just visited your website and have a few things on mind:

• Newsletter pop-up — not a good idea, lots of people leave when they see a pop-up which shows up immediately after you visit the website.
  • What analytics do you use? Check the exit pages.
  • Is everything working properly with the checkout? Just check in, it might happen that buttons, payment or else migh not be working properly.
  • Homepage — I don’t get immediately what the business is about. A short introduction, a few words, tagline…would definitely help.
  • Marketing strategy — it’s important to start with a marketing strategy. Setting up Facebook and IG account isn’t enough. How about the site’s SEO? And other marketing channels? Email marketing? Content marketing?

There are lots of things to discuss. I’ll be happy to do so with you!

Hope this helps!

Nikola

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1638 58 452

Hi @foxpretty 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. So sad to hear that you are struggling with low sales. Since you have traffic (30-80 visitors per day) but just 1 sale, it means customers don't find your store reliable enough. Therefore, I would suggest you focus on customer trust and social proof. Providing photo reviews/testimonials could be an option. 

Also, the traffic you pay for (Instagram and Google for less than $10 per day) should be related to your target group. I think Google Remarketing would be quite efficient in your case.

Additionally, you can consider the Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you get your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones. It motivates customers to develop brand community. 

Shopify App Store provides a lot of marketing apps. Install apps with free trials and test them in order to reveal what features works for you. For example, Growave contains 5 marketing features such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. I hope it will work for you. In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

UpPromote-old
Shopify Partner
142 2 16

Hi @foxpretty,

With the marketing strategy, you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time. Running ads such as Facebook ads, Instagram ads, even Google ads are popular methods to viral your products faster. However, you should consider it because it is not really a potential choice for starters. The reason is that you might cost a lost of money to run for long term. In some specific case, if it don't bring positive traffics for you, you also need to pay fee to maintain them. We know it because we know many customers get same issues. 

Here are some tips:

1. Increase Shopify sales with popup promotions

After creating upsell bundles and discounts, the next step is to start spreading the word. Popups are a great way to draw your customers’ attention towards these promotions and offers. 

Some people believe that popups can be pesky, driving customers away. This might be true for those who are using them incorrectly. But when done in the right way at the right time, popups can lead to the conversion of 40%  of your store’s visitors into customers. All you need is the right Shopify app to increase sales.

UpPromote_0-1631545997616.png

2. Affiliate marketing

Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which helps to grow your business faster and stably. This marketing campaign allows merchants to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. The affiliate commission is successfully recorded whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

As a large business Shopify store owner, you will want to overcome your competitors, gain more backlinks, more trust, more visitors, and more sales, and one of the best Technics to drive high-quality traffic toward your online store is through the affiliate program.

By using an app such as UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing, some bloggers, YouTubers, or anyone with less to no marketing knowledge would want to join your affiliate program to earn a commission per sale.

Giants in eCommerce such as Amazon – who was the first to use the affiliate marketing strategy- rely on affiliate marketing to maximize their revenue, so why not you? UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing is a potential recommendation for you. With simple clicks, you can run your own affiliate program and double your revenue at the less cost possible.

UpPromote_1-1631545997868.png

Why Use Affiliate Marketing?

Cost-Effectiveness

Affiliate marketing may be the most cost-effective form of advertising since you’re only paying for results. Once you figure out ongoing operating costs, it is fundamentally impossible for your affiliate program to operate at a loss because you know your cost per acquisition from the start.

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

Sales

With UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing, generating an affiliate program allows you to tap into potential sources of traffic and revenue that you would otherwise not be getting. This is especially true of physical products, for which affiliates can do product review blog posts or videos, for example.

UpPromote_2-1631545997662.png

Brand Awareness

Not only can affiliates drive sales for you, but they can also boost brand awareness simply by reaching a larger audience and increasing your traffic and exposure. Even if visitors don’t buy anything, they may sign up for your newsletter — that means you’re growing your email list for free and can potentially get a sale by marketing to those visitors in the future. You can even drive offline conversions via something like an in-store voucher through the affiliate program, or you can drive consumers to offline retailers if you don’t sell direct.

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

UpPromote_3-1631545997808.png

SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

The “Industry” Is Growing

As previously mentioned, U.S. affiliate marketing spend is expected to grow 10 percent over the next five years to $6.8 billion, fueled by the enormous growth of e-commerce  and social media.

Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

3. Give out free gifts

Many of the tactics suggested here to increase Shopify sales include offering discounts and deals, because we believe that this creates a fair win-win situation. But more than that, customers already go online shopping with the expectation of being offered  some type of deal. So, you should make sure your store doesn’t disappoint.

I hope my recommendation will be helpful for you. Be patient with your business and good luck!

All the bests,

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing

banned

tarungurang
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

First of all, congratulations on your new store. I just want to say that look at your current marketing strategy if you don't want to implement anything new at the moment. Factors that need to consider are: Are you focusing on the right target audience? Current marketing strategy is enough to reach the targeted audience? What else you can do to improve your current marketing strategy?

If you can find the answers or solutions for the above queries then might be you can succeed to get more sales or else at the end you can take help from any digital marketing expert to increase the sales on your store.

iFour Technolab - Custom Software Development Company

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi @foxpretty 

You should optimize your store for conversion rate, beside, your store gets traffic everyday so you should have a look at this post on converting traffic into sales.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

NeonRider
Visitor
1 0 0

The domain of your website (which seems to be offline now) sounds like a Chinese spam.

CartUp_AI
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi Foxpretty,

Ensure your website is user-friendly, with clear product descriptions, easy navigation, and a seamless checkout process. Check if your website is optimized for search engines to improve its visibility.

Ensure that your product images are high-quality and highlight the product benefits. Include customer reviews and trust badges to build credibility.

You can also explore the CartUp AI Category Pages app for search engine optimization, which identifies monetizable keywords and automates creating category pages that Google can crawl to enhance search engine visibility.

Additionally, you can explore the CartUp AI Badging app for trust badges to further build credibility.