Open Rate - Resend Email Marketing to those that didn't open initial campaign email

SiCymru
Visitor
2 0 7

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I want to be able to resend a marketing email to those that didn't open it but I can't see a feature to do this. Is it possible to get access to the tracking data to do this?

I obviously don't want to pester people that have opened the original email marketing.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Replies 12 (12)

LorenzaP
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi SiCymru, 

I've the same issue. Did you find any solution to it?

Thanks
Lorenza

synergy
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi. I contacted Support on this because of the same issue. Unfortunately, their marketing tool leaves lot to be desired for adequate or efficient email marketing and retargeting. Here's what the support agent said: "I hear you, and after looking into this, it's not an available feature at this time. While I can see this is a limitation to the current setup, I'd be glad to submit feedback to our internal development team on this. There would be no way to directly followup with you on this request, but the more an absent feature is requested, the more likely our team is to consider it." - In essence... yeah, it's convenient and cheap, but to truly conduct email marketing campaigns, they will only tell you the % of opens, but no other information. Too bad.

davidru2
Shopify Partner
4 0 11

AGREE!  Shopify - YOU NEED THIS OPTION.  PLEASE GET THE PRODUCT ROADMAP ASAP.  Not to mention, your batch sending is soooo slow!   

jsciabica
Excursionist
19 0 63

Shopify recently updated the "Customers" section with much more powerful filters.  For instance, you can now exclude customers with specific tags (impossible previously).  Shopify Email leverages those filters to send to a segment of customers.  I'm hopeful they will add the ability to filter based on marketing interactions (ie has not clicked the last 3 emails).

That being said, the Marketing app REALLY needs a simple checkbox for "resend to non-openers after X days".

micaella
Visitor
2 0 1

I was looking for retargeting people who just open the email. I wish these were added features. 

MoonBodySoul
Tourist
4 0 5

Same, I switched from Omnisend to save $ but realizing how slow shopify sends emails and missing important features like this is a bummer. PLEASE FIX SHOPIFY!

MoonBodySoul
Tourist
4 0 5

I figured out a workaround! 

When you look at your email open rate hit VIEW SEGMENT at the top right, then it takes you to a new page showing the formula for that segment. change true to FALSE and it will show you who didn't open, save that as a new segment  ie -"didnt open email 4.1.23" - copy your initial email - Change anything like subject etc. and resend to only the segment you created.

This is annoying we have to do it this way shopify, please make this an easy fix!Every marketing platform I  have used has this option. 

thymeandsage
Visitor
1 0 0

@MoonBodySoul This works! Thank you so much!

Thomas_Romer
Explorer
45 0 30

Fantastic. Not hard to do. But yes… they should just make it an option. 

rsmartsolutions
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi SiCymru,

Greetings from R Smart Solutions!

Solution:

1. From Admin Console, select "Customers" then select "Segments"

2. From upper right side, click "Create Segment"

3. Click from "New Segment (To create a segment)" screen, then follow the below steps.

3.1 find "Email clicked / shopify_email.clicked("

3.2 select "Activity name / activity id:"

3.3 from "Select activities" select your "Email Campaign"

3.4 click "Add criteria", then select "Email wasn't clicked" from Finish "filter"

3.5 last, select "Apply filter"

4. Save your "Segment" for future use.

Happy Selling.

jesusdoll
Visitor
2 0 0

its a customer segment.   

shopify_email.delivered(activity_id: (151423582466)) = true AND shopify_email.opened() = false AND shopify_email.clicked() = false AND amount_spent = 0

click into the activity id and you will see your email campaigns. pick the one you want to resend to - or just paste the activity id.

not glamorous, but it works.

and its free.

jesusdoll
Visitor
2 0 0

update.  just learned this.  make your segment say the email delivery is true and opened and clicked are false. I didn't have the specific activity id declared for opened in the example above. Also, include click jic someone clicks but doesn't register as opened.  

shopify_email.delivered(activity_id: (151423582466)) = true AND shopify_email.opened(activity_id: 151423582466) = false AND shopify_email.clicked(activity_id: (151423582466)) = false