Phone number for a store - Google Ads/Merchant center

Phone number for a store - Google Ads/Merchant center

Didi8
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello everybody,

since it is required to have a phone number shown on your store by Google, can you please tell me is it possible to have an app/service for online phone number so I can have something like voice mail or digital secretary, since I am not able to take calls all the time during the day.

I've heard that there are the service like Google Voice or similar, but is it enough to get approved on Google Ads/Merchant center?
Are there any drawbacks etc.? Personal experience?

Than everybody in advance

Replies 3 (3)

Pickle_Rooms
Excursionist
18 0 3

Yes what you're suggesting is a VOIP system. If you have a Google account they have their own VOIP service (Google voice) I've also used zoom phone which works pretty well.

Basically you download an app and you receive phone calls through the app.

You can also set voicemails on it and you get a new phone number to go with it. 

You can receive text with most of them as well.

Depending on which VOIP you get though, some don't play nicely with two factor authentication so it might not pass Google merchant centre rules.

Rob Benson-May
picklerooms.com
Didi8
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you very much for your response.

So more or less it’s enough to have phone number established on the site for the Google Merchant Center Approval, even-though I may not be available when they are checking and giving approval to the store?

Pickle_Rooms
Excursionist
18 0 3

No problem.

When setting it up you might need to be available for the Two factor authentication, but I think you should be fine beyond that.

Rob Benson-May
picklerooms.com