Pixel and google analytics in sub domain

amirpj
Excursionist
22 0 7

Hey shopify community, 

i am kinda confuse in the pixel and google analytics in my sub domain.

I have 2 shopify stores one for domestic and one for international site, the domestic site is also in sub-domain and i can integrate pixel and google analytics in this store. 

But the problem is interational store where i have 5 different store targeted to 5 different regions, how can i integrate to these 5 sub-domains ?

Replies 5 (5)

Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 268

Are these setup on the same Shopify account? If you've done the native pixel setup through the Facebook channel, and Google Analytics through Shopify's Online Store > Preferences setting, your pixel and analytics will be setup. Once you are setup, whether you want analytics data clumped into one mush pit of a view is a different point. You can use filter's as per my Shopify Google Analytics guide to separate out the various domains/sub-domains from each other, plus you can have a whole view of all domains.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
Milon12345
Visitor
1 0 0

sanuray0199366@gmail.com

Hi milonray0187040@gmail.com

amirpj
Excursionist
22 0 7

Hey @Josh_Uebergang 
Thank you for your reply. After some research, we found that we can track every sub- domain through google analytics but we are still confused about facebook pixel. 

We have two shopify sites, one for domestic and another for international site. 
The domestic site is configure in sub domain (for example: us.xzy.com) and the international website have both root domain (www.xyz.com) and subdomains (de.xyz.com) fro 5 respective countries. 

PROBLEM: How can we track every sub-domain of international site using facebook pixel ?

If there is any confusion or queries, feel free to ask

Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 268

@amirpj You can install Shopify's Facebook channel. Proceed through the pixel setup directions that will be made clear to you when you do that.

If the two Shopify sites serve roughly the same products (it's the same business), I'd suggest implementing the same pixel ID across the accounts to help with audience quality of ads.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping

lucas05021
Excursionist
125 0 5

I think you should find a professional to help you solve the problem.

banned