Solved

Why is my Shopify pixel not tracking certain events?

thevisualtailor
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble with data not being collected in regards to my site. I've had purchases, but data seems to be missing for the events below (images attached).

The weird thing is when I test the events in the browser using the Facebook Pixel Helper, they show as correct from what I can tell - you can check at thevisualtailor.com.

Any ideas on these would be great! You can read some extra content below that may be relevant.

Thanks,

Jay

Additional Context

- This could be nothing, but I changed themes a few weeks ago. I was previously running Buy Buttons on a Squarespace equivalent CMS. Now I'm on a complete Shopify theme.

I've made this change to track more steps in my funnel as the CMS Buy Buttons only followed ATC onwards. So far, no luck, haha.

- Also, I went to my premium theme's developers to ask if they were experienced in these issues on their theme. They took a look, and the only problem they could work out was the add to cart event was being triggered twice. They resolved this in my theme.

Events showing no activityEvents showing no activityactivity details for AddPayment infoactivity details for AddPayment infoactivity details for Add To Cart infoactivity details for Add To Cart infoactivity details for Search infoactivity details for Search info

Accepted Solution (1)

PieterB22
Shopify Partner
55 9 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

it might be similar to a problem that I recently encountered. Have a look at your allowed/blocked domains inside your Facebook event manager. It might be blocking your domain or part of your domain.

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @thevisualtailor

Not sure if you've heard a bout it, but in cases where troubleshooting can take up much of your time and it's hard to pinpoint what's wrong, I'd recommend you try Pixel Set Up Tool. 

Basically, it helps you add pixels to your website without the need for custom code

Learn more about it here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/777099232674791?id=1205376682832142

Let me know if my answer is of any help with a thumb up or like 😄 Cheers

thevisualtailor
Tourist
4 0 1

@PageFly-Victor Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure this is quite what I'm after here, though. The majority of my funnel events are tracking as expected; it's just a couple that seems to have stopped for no reason.

I don't want to risk installing from scratch if it interferes with my current campaigns.

SC_ADMIN
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there, 

Just wondering if you got to the bottom of this? Having the same problem.

PieterB22
Shopify Partner
55 9 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

it might be similar to a problem that I recently encountered. Have a look at your allowed/blocked domains inside your Facebook event manager. It might be blocking your domain or part of your domain.

thevisualtailor
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks @PieterB22 - I've checked and it seems there's nothing listed in my blocked domains, unfortunately. Would have been a nice quick win!

thevisualtailor
Tourist
4 0 1

@PieterB22 You were correct!! It turns out that my own domain was blocked inside the pixel settings! Thanks for the suggestion🙌

ekuplu
Shopify Partner
47 0 17

We were reported problems with the native integration by many stores. We have solved all related issues with our app: Analyzify. Our support team also helps with store-specific problems like the ones that are mentioned. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Complete Tutorial: Setup GA4 on Shopify including E-comm Reports

Data Analytics & Marketing Focused Content Platform for Shopify Merchants: Analyzify Hub

Check out our free Shopify - Google Tag Manager Course on Youtube
chintj
Tourist
4 0 1

After installing pixel to my Shopify store, notice Facebook pixel cannot track initiate checkout. When I click Checkout button, pixel fires ATC instead of Initiate Checkout. Any solution to this problem?

ekuplu
Shopify Partner
47 0 17

In most cases, it is about your Checkout process. Are you using a unique cart/checkout on your front-end? 

Complete Tutorial: Setup GA4 on Shopify including E-comm Reports

Data Analytics & Marketing Focused Content Platform for Shopify Merchants: Analyzify Hub

Check out our free Shopify - Google Tag Manager Course on Youtube
ludi
Shopify Partner
16 0 4

What can cause problem with checkout process?

When developing a custom theme, is there anything I need to do to ensure Facebook Pixel / Conversions API partner integration works correctly?