product title and SEO page title

DELONG_HUANG
Excursionist
49 0 8

Hi,

when I edit my product, there is the title on the top which is showing the product name on my website. does this "title" need to contain a keyword? I am trying to make it more concise so that people see it cleaner.

because on the bottom SEO section, there is also a page title that is showing when you google it. I thought as long as I put the keyword at the bottom, I don't need to put it at the top. thanks.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Replies 7 (7)

SEO_Booster
Shopify Partner
42 2 10

Hi there,

Having keywords in the title on the top makes customers understand your products immediately. They don't have to waste time and feel comfortable.

And your web brings the best experience for them.

Cheers,

SEO Booster Team

banned

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @DELONG_HUANG,

I would definitely put the keyword in the title. Not only it's clearer for the users but also this title is rendered as h1 heading on your product page. Including your desired keywords in the h1 headings is very important for SEO. So, I would definitely do it.  

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

Propelguru
Trailblazer
313 7 44

Adding keywords to SEO page title will help you get higher in search result

Keywords appear in search results that people enter in search engines. For example, anyone can search for shoes in the USA. The keywords in this search would be  shoes and USA. In order for your store to appear above in the search results, you should try to figure out what keywords can be used for the idea of searching that your potential customers will use to find your products, and add those keywords to your SEO title to promote your product and put SEO title in each product.

There are four main areas where you can add keywords to improve the search engine optimization (SEO) for your online store:

•  SEO page titles
  • meta descriptions
  • ALT tags
  • a page’s body content

southhous
Visitor
2 0 4

This is a great question and the same one I have, which no one seems to be able to answer. Of course we know keywords need to go in all the available SEO fields – the question is about the customer-facing "Title" field, which is different from the "Page title (SEO)" field. If we could just get an answer from the Shopify team on best-practices for populating the "Title" and "Page title (SEO)" fields. It's my understanding/hope that we can put whatever we want in the "Title" field and put the SEO content in the other. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?  

noap
Excursionist
32 0 4

Hello, Di you get a reply? I am trying to gat to the bottom of this sane issue. The shopify team keep directing me to oages explaingin about keywords and SEO which we already know! That is not the question we are  asking!  My feelign would be that it shoudl be ok to use a differen ttitle for the customer fscing section as otherwise each propcut will have a variation of keywords etc which will look messy (if we copy the page tiltes which have been optimised). Thank you

noap
Excursionist
32 0 4

Sorry made so many typos! writing too fast in my frustration!

SEOProStaff
Shopify Partner
89 0 4

Hi @DELONG_HUANG ,

The product title at the top of the editing page serves as the H1 tag on your product page, which is a critical element for SEO. It's important for both users and search engines, and it should be clear, descriptive, and include your main keyword if possible. This helps with your store's visibility in search engine results.

For the SEO page title at the bottom, this is the title that appears in search results. While it's beneficial to include keywords here as well, it can be more focused on catching the user's attention and encouraging clicks. You have a bit more flexibility here to craft something compelling that also includes keywords.

SEOPro can be a valuable tool in this process. It can assist in conducting an SEO audit for your products, providing you with a detailed list of SEO issues to address, including titles and meta descriptions. By using SEOPro, you can filter issues by categories such as "Product Missing Keyword" and get real-time recommendations for optimization. This can be particularly helpful in ensuring both your product titles and SEO page titles are optimized for the best performance on search engines.

Full disclosure: We are the developer of this app.

Phil
SeoPro Developer
For any question, feel free to reach out to us: support@seo-pro.app