Purchase Event missing some Deduplication Parameters for FB Pixel

GlitchGator
Excursionist
13 0 9

I've integrated my FB pixel through Shopify and haven't done any manual edits. I use 'maximum' for customer data sharing options, which I know uses the conversion API. However, I don't know why it still runs into a deduplication error (I've also noticed this during my campaigns). To fix it, FB recommends:

"Add an event_id parameter to all Purchase events that you're sending from both your pixel and the Conversions API. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through the Conversions API, you can use the Payload Helper tool on the Facebook for Developers site to validate that your payload is set up correctly. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through your pixel, go into your website's source code and add an event_id parameter to each of your Purchase event instances."

I'm not technical enough to do this. Is there another way I can keep the maximum customer data sharing option and fix this issue? Or can I find someone able to do this?

Thanks!

Replies 56 (56)
Gonzaley
4 0 0

Hi Sayed.

your assistance would be much appreciated. thank you!

Sd18
2 0 0

My pixel has stopped recording events since August 30th - anyone get a solution? 

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3

I do have a solution we developed a few months back. But I've been extensively testing it since then before recommending it here in the group.

It's pretty full-on! But also gives you far more data and can pipe that data to wherever you need it - FBQ, Facebook CAPI, GA4, Universal Analytics, Google Ads pixel, Google Ads server-side, CRM, bigQuery... you name it.

Involves dropping Google Tag Manager snippets into the theme.liquid and also checkout settings.

Then there's a custom setup we've created.

Anyway, if this is something you guys want to see, let me know.

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

The issue is still present for me. It may not pop-up in your diagnostics, you may have to navigate to 'previously-ignored' and you will see it still being detected. I haven't reached out to Shopify because the last time I did about this I doubt they did anything. Facebook support was even worse. Please, did anyone find any meaningful resolution to this? Don't try to sell us no subscription apps...

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 10.10.05.png

@TheSwivelShop @GlitchGator @RKT @filipcibicek @Lubo @Fromanteel_Watc @Sam149 @Sarah-Botra @okimaslatt @glass-skin

Sd18
2 0 0

I got my problem resolved today with the help of Shopify - it turned out there was an issue with the cookie bar which meant the pixel did not fire or record any events from visitors from UK/ EU.

Kollisbollis
1 0 0

@Sd18 Please let us know how you got your problem resolved. 

Thanks!

Z_Jonah
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello,
Have you found a solution to this?
I used the Facebook event tester and I can see that, for the same Add to Cart for example, one does have an event ID and the other doesn't. That means Facebook cannot deduplicate them and thus the same Add to Cart is reported twice.
Same thing for ViewContent, Purchase...

MeasureBit
2 0 1

This has been happening for ages. Dozens and dozens of complaints on Reddit too.

After following this thread for months now, it's apparent that not everyone sees this problem. Hence, why it looks like neither Shopify or Facebook are going to fix it.

We've coded up a solution that gets all the data, deduplicates it and sends it to FB pixel, CAPI, Google Ads, Universal Analytics and Google Analytics, and installed it on various Shopify sites successfully.

hotrod3322
1 0 0

Do you offer your solution as a service?