Random $99 Facebook Purchases

Solved
segvec
Tourist
4 1 0

Is anybody else seeing random $99 purchases being counted within their Facebook Ads dashboard? I never saw this issue until the beginning of this month and still cannot figure out where the issue lies. Could be a pixel issue and I've spoken to others who have the same issue with their Shopify store. My pixel is getting a whacky purchase conversion value that does not match up with my actual store revenue.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
segvec
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, someone was maliciously doing this. Spoke to FB about it and it stopped happening the next day.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)
segvec
Tourist
4 1 0

I have fake purchase events with a $99 product which I don't even have on my store. Also, when viewing the purchase event on the pixel, it shows that the URL of the event is just a product page. I compared a real purchase event and the URL should be a checkout page URL. Also, this $99 purchase events does not reflect on my Shopify store, yet something triggers the purchase event randomly on my product pages. 

Do you think someone is maliciously injecting javascri

markalanbaker
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue.  Did you figure it out?

Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
802 23 198

Go to the Events Manager, click on the Purchase event, and export the CSV data. That will tell you where and when the $99 purchases are being triggered.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
segvec
Tourist
4 1 0

That didn't help. ^ 

segvec
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, someone was maliciously doing this. Spoke to FB about it and it stopped happening the next day.

View solution in original post

DKdk13424476825
2 0 0

Hello, please how did you solve the issue? How/who did you contact at FB ?

arginos
1 0 0

Thats superb, would you tell us how you contacted fb? I go to their community help center and through all the steps but I cannot submit any tickets or contact them.

Brele
Tourist
4 0 1

I wasn't so lucky! Facebook answer:

We have received a response from our Internal Team regarding on the issue and as per checking, they can see the events on the Pixel have been setup through Partner Integration. Please be advised, we are unable to comment on the correctness of the code that has been implemented through third party integration.

So, i pay for bot traffic...and they say that the problem is the integration that was made using the facebook/shopify wizard!! the integration always worked well!! It just crashed the day they sent me junk traffic!