Re: Instagram shopping disappeared

victorias1021
12 0 0

Please help! I can’t see the view shop button on my Instagram. I disconnected and reconnected. 

Replies 10 (10)

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 484

Dear @victorias1021 

1. Do you have an instagram business account?
  2. Is your store following all the policies of Instagram? and Instagram shop allowing in your country?
  3. Facebook page connect with Instagram account?
victorias1021
12 0 0

yes to all of the above. I also reached out to instagram and they have not gotten back to me. I don't know what to do.

victorias1021
12 0 0

Yes yes and yes. It says it is not but it was perfectly fine previous to me resetting pw

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Can you please clarify what you were referring to when you said "it says it is not"? If there's an error message coming up now, please share a screenshot here so I can take a look. I'm unable to access your store from this public space, so I'll need as much detail as possible in order to assist you.

We can discuss your settings to ensure everything is set up correctly in your admin. However, I'm afraid there isn't a workaround if Facebook has told you directly that you need to wait for approval. 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @victorias1021!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'd be happy to look into this with you and see if we can find out what happened.

I appreciate that you tried some troubleshooting by disconnecting and reconnecting the account, though I do not recommend disconnecting the account again. Keep in mind that Shopify links your product catalog to Instagram, but it cannot enable product tagging on Instagram or enable the "View Shop" button as this is controlled by Instagram. This means you'll likely need to review your Facebook and Instagram business accounts to ensure they're still linked to one another.

Can you tell me when you first set up the Facebook channel and Instagram Shopping from your Shopify admin? If the "View Shop" button previously appeared on your Instagram page, do you know when it disappeared?

victorias1021
12 0 0

about a month ago i set everything up on both platforms and a few days ago i disconnected ig then reconnected. I am still able to tag products and the only thing missing is my view shop button. I know where to find it usually in manage buttons but it is no longer there as an option.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

I'm glad to hear that you're still able to tag products on Instagram—that's a good sign. Are you still able to access Settings > Business > Shopping for your Instagram business page as well, or are those the settings that are now missing?

If the Facebook channel in your Shopify admin indicates that everything is connected, there isn't any further action to take from within the admin. Once you've confirmed that your Facebook and Instagram business pages are connected to one another and you can access your Shopping settings from Commerce Manager, I recommend going through the troubleshooting steps for the Instagram app to see if that recovers the Shopping settings. Let me know how that goes.

Williegrand
Visitor
1 0 0

I have issues with access to my store on instagram. the store and the shopping option has disappeared. I submitted a appeal and have not received any updates or a decision.

victorias1021
12 0 0

A day ago I changed all my passwords and my Facebook catalog and Instagram shopping was fine. After changing them my Instagram shopping isn’t letting me add the catalog and says it is disabled. I spoke to Facebook and they said I need to wait for approval and apparently I selected that button some time ago but they never responded. So now I can’t tag any of my products and my view shop button is gone. Can anyone help me please without telling me that I have to wait for approval. Facebooks approval may take months. SOMEO

Lucatiela
Visitor
2 0 0

Try clearing all the memory on your phone and then restarting it.