Sales on my e-commerce website

Solved
HenryRogers
3 0 0

Hi all,
Around two months ago; I launched my new online store called Patch Online.

I have received orders but not as much as I had hoped for, was just coming on here to ask how long it usually would take to gain a regular customer base? Many thanks 

www.patchonline.co.uk

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1270 176 850

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @HenryRogers, a few things you'd need to go over: 

The first step you'd need to do is to amp up your store traffic - the more people coming to your store, the better chance you have in converting them into sales. To increase your traffic, you can run Facebook Ads or invest in blog posts that talk about topics related to your products. My favorite free traffic tactics also include Pinterest Marketing and TikTok marketing. 

The 2nd step is to review whether your store is conversion rate optimized. For example, your Above-The-Fold section at your homepage tells me nothing about who you are, what you sell, what your Unique Selling Point/Competitive Edge is (no offended). There are no social-proof or trust-establishing factors like Review Stars, Testimonials. There is no appealing promotions (like Free Shipping, or Discount) that compel me to stay. 

Screenshot (18).png

That's just my two cents 😄 Let me know if my answer is of any help. 

Cheers, 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1270 176 850

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @HenryRogers, a few things you'd need to go over: 

The first step you'd need to do is to amp up your store traffic - the more people coming to your store, the better chance you have in converting them into sales. To increase your traffic, you can run Facebook Ads or invest in blog posts that talk about topics related to your products. My favorite free traffic tactics also include Pinterest Marketing and TikTok marketing. 

The 2nd step is to review whether your store is conversion rate optimized. For example, your Above-The-Fold section at your homepage tells me nothing about who you are, what you sell, what your Unique Selling Point/Competitive Edge is (no offended). There are no social-proof or trust-establishing factors like Review Stars, Testimonials. There is no appealing promotions (like Free Shipping, or Discount) that compel me to stay. 

Screenshot (18).png

That's just my two cents 😄 Let me know if my answer is of any help. 

Cheers, 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

MsSkeptical
Excursionist
35 0 12

Hey Henry! I've checked out your website and am overall impressed with how you've done it. Congrats on actually starting on your e-Commerce journey. Just a few things to consider, though.

When I skimmed through your site, I feel like the header is taking up too much real estate with too little CTAs. Same with the footer of your website, it takes up far too much space which could have otherwise been converted into added functionality. The text colors of the words also don't match the overall theme of the entire site.

I also did a quick search on one of your probable keywords which is "Unique Gift Ideas" and found that you didn't rank within the top 20 pages of Google. This means the chances of you gaining organic traffic from Google itself is practically none. I don't know if you plan on investing in paid ads or spending time on SEO–but I highly suggest the latter. Getting your site on track with the SEO train will drive you to better sales and prospects. I could write you a 10-paged guide on how to try doing SEO on your own, but honestly, I'd rather tell you to just hire an expert to get things going. You've already done the hardest part, which is actually starting, and I think if you really want to get the ball rolling, consulting someone with specialized knowledge regarding SEO will jumpstart your e-Commerce journey.

Hope this helps! 

Huong_Giang
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Hi @HenryRogers,

Have you tried to run a marketing plan before? My advice for you is that if you are just starting with your business, you can consider about affiliate marketing. In fact, this marketing method is safer than running ads because you can promote your products without any upfront costs. 

Affiliate marketing (referral marketing or influencer marketing) is a marketing strategy where you, the merchant, encourage your backers, partners, and brand advocates to refer their network to your affiliate campaign in exchange for a reward when that referral leads to an actual order. Your affiliates could be anyone including your friends, relatives, professional affiliates or your own customers. There are numerous ways to promote your referral campaign,  this word-of-mouth marketing strategy could be an effective weapon to reach a broader range of customers through various connections.

Whether you are new to Shopify or expert in spreading your business to potential customers, Affiliate marketing is a promising method that could help you earn more sales and increase revenue in the nick of time. 

How affiliate marketing works?

a. Install the affiliate marketing app such as UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing on Shopify and register an account for your store security;

b. An affiliate registration form is provided for you to promote;

Huong_Giang_0-1626804559029.png

c. Affiliates who register will get their referral links of your store, their role is to recommend it to customers;

d. Orders via referral link(s) would become referral order(s);

e. After you get paid from referral orders, the order status will be automatically updated in Referral section for you to review and decide whether or not to pay the commission to affiliates.

Huong_Giang_1-1626804559036.jpeg

f. Payment will be handled manually via Paypal or another payment method.

Note:

• In case you want to inform your affiliates of special announcement or arrangement, visit Settings and click Affiliate Guide section to customize content.

Huong_Giang_2-1626804559039.png

• In the Email section, you can control their active status of each email by clicking On/Off button

Huong_Giang_3-1626804559041.png

• Besides, you can keep track with affiliates performance in Dashboard, you can filter referral partner base on program or time range, follow their total sales, orders or clicks (click on referral links)

Huong_Giang_4-1626804559043.png

How do you pay your affiliates?

Affiliates who sign up will be reviewed by you to become active partners. After being accepted, they will be asked to enter their Paypal email through which you would send their commissions. In case you use another payment method, contact your partner via email or ask them to contact you for discussion.

Payment will be sent by merchant manually, once you sent payment to affiliates, click Send Payment on the Payment section and the payment status will be updated in your affiliates’ dashboard. Payment will be sent in bulk. You can negotiate a payment schedule with your referral or inform them in the Affiliate Guide in Setting.

Huong_Giang_5-1626804559044.jpeg

I hope my recommendation is helpful for you to find a suitable marketing solution for you business! Good luck!

- Marketing supporters
- Love to share marketing tips

HenryRogers
3 0 0

Hi @RichardNguyen 

thank you so much for taking the time to check out the website, your feedback is perfect. I’ll take them in to consideration and try to improve my website with you advice,

many thanks 

HenryRogers
3 0 0

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the advice, I will take it consideration and get back to you!

Thanks so much!