SEO issues reported by SEMrush - Duplicate Titles Tags, no meta descriptions & uncompressed Java

pallavi0301
Excursionist
30 0 7

Hi All,

I am trying to do a site audit for my site to improve my SEO and semrush came back with issues with 35 pages having duplicate title tags. I checked the SEO title pages and they are all different. Could this be somewhere in the code ? Am I missing something ?

Also it says 90 pages have no meta descriptions and again in the google seo meta description, I have added different 320 characters descriptions . 

Also, how can I resolve uncompressed java and css errors ? Its making my site slow on mobile 

Thanks all 

Replies 4 (4)

pauldrecksler
Shopify Partner
25 0 15

Can you share two of the URLs that the report said had duplicate title tags so we can take a look?

Join my Shopifreaks E-commerce Newsletter: www.shopifreaks.com
Learn about affiliate marketing: www.shopaffiliateapps.com
Hire me to help with your store: www.ideasfocused.com

I wish you much success with your Shopify store!
pauldrecksler
Shopify Partner
25 0 15

This is unfortunately tough to diagnose without looking into the backend of the site. There's clearly a problem with your meta titles and descriptions, which could be a result of an SEO app you're using, or two apps conflicting with one another or your theme. You might consider temporarily disabling any SEO apps you have and seeing if the titles/descriptions you input on the product pages return. Before you had mentioned that they were duplicate tags, but now I just see the URL displayed -- so perhaps it's the same issue and that's why they were getting flagged as duplicate (because most of the URL is the same so "duplicate"). I'd start by taking a look at what SEO apps are running, disabling them, as the first step to troubleshoot. 

Join my Shopifreaks E-commerce Newsletter: www.shopifreaks.com
Learn about affiliate marketing: www.shopaffiliateapps.com
Hire me to help with your store: www.ideasfocused.com

I wish you much success with your Shopify store!

bytonysmith
Visitor
1 0 0

Are you importing blog from feed If yes then you need to Optimize title and description for each blog. 

Can see a example here technicalwebblog