SEO, Tags etc - Just getting started!!

BajaWey
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello everyone! I just launched my website a couple of weeks ago and I am drowning in a lack of information/ understanding about how SEO works and how to make it work for my business. My brand is Baja Wey and it doesn't even show up when you do a Google search 😞 

Can anyone point me to good resources to help comprehend this process (yes, I watched Shopify video and it was not very helpful).

Some of the many things I don't understand:

- Do my product photos need good names in order to show up?

- Do these "titles" show to the public? When are they visible and and when do they not?

- What are "best practices"? Do I use as many keywords as I can or should I write beautiful sentences that flow.

- How do I get my product pictures to show up on Google Image searches?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!

Reply 1 (1)

SEO_Booster
Shopify Partner
42 2 10

Hi @BajaWey ,

I am Quinn Reynolds - SEO expert from SEO Booster of Secomapp. I will answer your questions one by one.

- Product photos name

They need good names in order to show up. It should include keywords related to your products.

- Your title types:

The "title": your customer see them on your site. So you should make it clear and attractive.

The "meta title": This is displayed on Google search page. So you should make them friendly with GG (include keywords, suitable length,..) and also attract customers.

SEOBooster_0-1639560131322.png

- What are "best practices"?

Let's follow our guide: https://www.secomapp.com/shopify-seo-optimization

I would like to recommend you some image optimization techniques:

1. Use concise and direct image names

2. Optimize your alt attributes carefully

Alt attributes are the text alternative to images when a browser can't properly render them. They’re also used for web accessibility. 

The alt attribute also adds SEO value to your website. Using alt attributes is probably the best way for your eCommerce products to show up in Google image and web search.

3. Choose your image dimensions and product angles wisely

4. Resize your images

For eCommerce images, a good rule of thumb is to try to keep your image file size below 70 kilobytes. That can be difficult at times, especially for larger images.

5. Choose the right image format

In most cases in eCommerce, JPEGs will be your best bet. They provide the best image quality for the smallest file size.
Never use GIFs for large product images. The file size will be very large and there is no good way to reduce it. Use GIFs for thumbnails and decorative images only.
PNGs can be a good alternative to both JPEGs and GIFs. If you are only able to get product photos in PNG format, try using PNG-8 over PNG-24. PNGs excel as simple decorative images because of their extremely small file size.
 6. Optimize your thumbnails

Make your thumbnail file sizes as small as possible. It may be worth letting quality slide in favor of a lower file size here. Remember, the cumulative impact of your thumbnails will have a huge impact on your page load time.
Vary your alt attribute text as to not duplicate text that you would use for the bigger versions of the same image. Make your alt text wildly different. The last thing you want is the thumbnail being indexed instead of the larger image. A case could be made to leave out the alt text entirely.
7. Use image sitemaps

8. Beware of decorative images

9. Use caution when using content delivery networks (CDNs)

10. Test your images

Test the number of product images per page. Since load times are an issue for some non-hosted eCommerce sites, you may find that reducing the number of images on a page will increase click-through rates and sales. It's also possible that providing a lot of images per page will improve the user experience and lead to more sales. The only way to find this out is to test it.
Test what angles your customers prefer. You may see an increase in customer loyalty by providing the views your customers want to see. A great way to figure this out is to survey your customers about what they liked the most when viewing your product shots. Surveying and talking to your customers is a great habit to get into, in general. Still, verify by testing.
Test how many product listings you should have on category pages. Ten, 20, 100 products? Test the number of products you list on category pages to see what works best for your customers.

Let's see our app can help you:

- Bulk and manual edit mate SEO tags: It's great when you have many products to edit their title, their meta descriptions,...

SEOBooster_1-1639560832354.png

- Boost your image on Search page:

SEOBooster_2-1639560925026.png

- If you start on SEO, our app can help you with 24/7 Real-time support to save your day

Customer satisfaction is always our top priority, so you will have a well-rounded support service in SEO Booster

• Live chat 24/7 non-technical support to back you up whenever you need assistance, willing to walk you step by step to improve your SEO score
  • Expert technical developers to customize SEO on your site as you want, giving you more power on SEO in a seamless and effortless way

Each SEO plan is tailored to fit your business size and the way it grows. A 7-day trial is available, downgrade anytime you want with set-up efforts remaining. No personal information was gathered.

TRY IT FREE (7 DAY FREE TRIAL): https://bit.ly/3oV7xmk

banned