Solved

Site not showing up on first position

didimau
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi

So our site, www.andaboat.com has been up and runing for +1 month and everything seems indexed etc.

When I search for "andaboat" everything is just right, with our company info and the site on first pos.

When I search for "and a boat" google business shows up, we dont show up on first position here. Other sites, with information about our site/company show up first.

Anyone got any idea on how this is possible?

Accepted Solution (1)

Chad_Websonite
Tourist
6 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Your domain authority and links to your website aren't enough to rank above others who have the same keyword in their names or webpages.

You have 3 referring domains providing backlinks to your site. The next position up on google has 9. (At least on my search from Canada)

All other things being equal, Google has received more "votes of confidence" with backlinks to another site with the same name.

With time people searching for your business and clicking your name should help improve its ranking because of the search intent becoming more clear to Google. 

In the mean time building more links to your website should help.

And a boat is common enough I suspect some websites are ranking for it unintentionally.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Chad_Websonite
Tourist
6 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Your domain authority and links to your website aren't enough to rank above others who have the same keyword in their names or webpages.

You have 3 referring domains providing backlinks to your site. The next position up on google has 9. (At least on my search from Canada)

All other things being equal, Google has received more "votes of confidence" with backlinks to another site with the same name.

With time people searching for your business and clicking your name should help improve its ranking because of the search intent becoming more clear to Google. 

In the mean time building more links to your website should help.

And a boat is common enough I suspect some websites are ranking for it unintentionally.