Why is SMS confirmation still pending in Shopify after Klaviyo subscription?

Chan5
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi all 

Hoping someone can help me out on this one. 

We have Klaviyo integrated with Shoepify for notifications etc and we are trying to set up SMS. I have updated TOS and Privacy Policies and made the SMS check box active in Shopify at checkout. 
If the SMS authority is given when they tick the check box, then isn't that an automatic yes to marketing?
Why is the "SMS awaiting confirmation"?  I presume if this is occurring I am guessing that they are then receiving an automated message from Shopify that they have to click? 

I have tried to test the theory and I am not getting any notifications after I have checked out, and the status still shows SMS awaiting confirmation, even though Klaviyo shows me as subscribed to SMS. I am utterly confused. 

Thanks in advance 

Replies 2 (2)
Chan5
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there! Thank you so much for the insight, I really appreciate it.  I shall reach out to Klaviyo and see if they can help me further.  All the best. 

Chelsea18
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having similar issues. I have my policies listed on my website. When a new customer consents to marketing it will integrate their email but does not automatically include their phone number even though it was provided.